SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

No planned purchase orders ... reqPO table in empty ?

Microsoft Dynamics AX Forum

Mazin Izzeldin asked a question on 16 Sep 2018 7:57 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Verified

when i open planned purchase order from procurement and sourcing .. i could not find any record only one entry  ...  i tried to open the table that contain the planned po number which is (reqpo) and i could not see  any records  also except this entry from 2017 .. what could have happened to the data and  how can i restore it (if possible ) ..

i ran a notification clean up .. could this have played a part ?

one employee mentioned he needs planned purchase order to create P.O's for a specific project because he can filter ppo by projid  

is there any way to do the same without planned purchase order 

magic1949 responded on 16 Sep 2018 9:42 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

If you are working with PO requisitions then those will be converted to POs when approved and there is no need for mrp to plan any  order.

If you put demand in the system that is not satisfied from inventory or released POs then mrp will generate planned orders.

You can buy or plan to buy either direct Project or to inventory.

Verified Answer

Hi Mazin,

Planned purchase orders are created by the Master planning job. Can you verify if there are batch jobs scheduled? Or probably it was started manually in the past?

Mazin Izzeldin responded on 17 Sep 2018 5:50 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

- yes there are batch jobs scheduled ..

- but there was an  Error in the log of the (master scheduling ) batch job

-  a "Number sequence 5637145777 has been exceeded “error ..

- so i went to numbersequencetable  found the number sequence ..

- and from Organization Administration | Common | number Sequence | Number Sequences i  edited  the number sequence  by changing the largest number

and that solved my problem

Verified Answer

Hi Mazin,

Planned purchase orders are created by the Master planning job. Can you verify if there are batch jobs scheduled? Or probably it was started manually in the past?

Mazin Izzeldin responded on 17 Sep 2018 5:50 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

- yes there are batch jobs scheduled ..

- but there was an  Error in the log of the (master scheduling ) batch job

-  a "Number sequence 5637145777 has been exceeded “error ..

- so i went to numbersequencetable  found the number sequence ..

- and from Organization Administration | Common | number Sequence | Number Sequences i  edited  the number sequence  by changing the largest number

and that solved my problem

magic1949 responded on 16 Sep 2018 9:42 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

If you are working with PO requisitions then those will be converted to POs when approved and there is no need for mrp to plan any  order.

If you put demand in the system that is not satisfied from inventory or released POs then mrp will generate planned orders.

You can buy or plan to buy either direct Project or to inventory.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS