SBX - Forum Post Title

Retail hardware station installation

Microsoft Dynamics AX Forum

Naresh Kumar asked a question on 16 Sep 2018 10:08 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Hi all,

I want to automate the  hardware station installation process without user interaction, I want to know how to handle programmatically the user interaction steps which we perform during manual installation like entering URL,selecting store name, selecting hardware profile name

TIA

Regards

Naresh

Rodolfo Recalde responded on 28 Sep 2018 2:33 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi Kumar,

You can Install Hardware Station by using Windows PowerShell command.

Check this link:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamicsax-2012/appuser-itpro/install-retail-hardware-station#option-2-install-hardware-station-by-using-windows-powershell

Check the possibility of using System Center Configuration Manager to perform mass deploy, monitor, and configure custom packages (in cmd).

There are another option. Basically, they involve running Power Shell cmd. The big challenge is to distribute the Power Shell file and run these by cmd inside the mapped machines on the network to install. (you can use network management software like Lansweeper which allows you to create custom cmd packages)

I hope this Helps!

Regards,

Rodolfo Recalde.

Rodolfo Recalde responded on 28 Sep 2018 2:33 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi Kumar,

You can Install Hardware Station by using Windows PowerShell command.

Check this link:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamicsax-2012/appuser-itpro/install-retail-hardware-station#option-2-install-hardware-station-by-using-windows-powershell

Check the possibility of using System Center Configuration Manager to perform mass deploy, monitor, and configure custom packages (in cmd).

There are another option. Basically, they involve running Power Shell cmd. The big challenge is to distribute the Power Shell file and run these by cmd inside the mapped machines on the network to install. (you can use network management software like Lansweeper which allows you to create custom cmd packages)

I hope this Helps!

Regards,

Rodolfo Recalde.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS