SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Chance Fixed Asset Place in Service.

Microsoft Dynamics AX Forum

Helena Sena asked a question on 12 Oct 2018 3:24 AM

Question Status

Suggested Answer

How can I change Place in Service after reverse depreciation? Place in service isn't correct and I need to place a date after that. (I want to maintain the same service life).

I've already try to do this but the field is blocked. Thank you. 

Magno Pereira responded on 15 Oct 2018 12:06 PM

Hi Helena,

You can change this date until the first depreciation has been posted. After you place an asset in service, it is considered to be used by your organization.

This date is the basis for the depreciation run date field.

If you change this field, it has no effect on the depreciation. You should post a depreciation adjustment and confirm the FA remaining periods.

The AX looks at the last depreciation date and remaining periods.

Test it on the test environment.

Galyna Fedorova responded on 15 Oct 2018 4:42 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi Helena,

You can reverse the initial acquisition and then post the correct acquisition. After posting of the acquisition it will fill in Depreciation run date and Place in service date by Acquisition date. In this case, these fields still will not be editable (since you have depreciation transactions, even reversed) but dates will be correct.

Galyna Fedorova responded on 15 Oct 2018 4:42 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi Helena,

You can reverse the initial acquisition and then post the correct acquisition. After posting of the acquisition it will fill in Depreciation run date and Place in service date by Acquisition date. In this case, these fields still will not be editable (since you have depreciation transactions, even reversed) but dates will be correct.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS