Try Microsoft Edge
A fast and secure browser that's designed for Windows 10
Concerning Quality Orders in Dynamics AX 2012.
I want to know how I can document a photo when doing a quality test. And if it is possible to do a upload whilst on the test window/ screen.
For example: once the Results are entered the user can upload a photo to aid in the decision for validation. The photos should also be stored for future reference.
Any suggestions welcome and will be appreciated.
Uploading photos can be done multiple ways.
* Storing as a Bitmap file
* Storing a filepath
* Using document attachment functionality.
In all cases, they will be available for future reference.
Could you please elaborate on the Document Attachment functionality:
1. Steps on how to upload during the test?
2. How to select the location where Photo's are saved?
3. Where they can be retrieved from in AX ?
Here's a good read on Document Management docs.microsoft.com/.../using-document-management
1. (Details in the link above)
2. this is Setup at Document Management Parameters (Archive Directory)
3. If you use Document attachments, they can only be retrieved in the corrresponding DocuRef form..
If you use something like item Image instead, they can be accessed at the Details form.
Thank you Crispin. I will explore these options.
Business Applications communities