SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

No Internet Connection Error- AXUpdate installer

Microsoft Dynamics AX Forum

RajivB asked a question on 12 Oct 2018 9:09 AM

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Dear Members,

I am trying to run the AXupdate installer for CU13. I get the error "No internet connection"

Can any Help please.

Or is there anyway I can download the package manually and do the upgrade.

Thanks In Advance. :)

Kind Regards,

Rajiv

Suggested Answer

You only need the internet connection in one environment (for example dev environment). In the update installer you can select to download the updates so that you can update other environments without internet connection.

Obviously the dev environment must be in same AX version, otherwise you might not get all needed updates in the offline package.

RajivB responded on 12 Oct 2018 9:28 AM

Hi Nikolaos,

I have internet connection in all the server.

The issue is registered in LCS too but not resolved. Do you know if i can download the update package manually but and do it by the 2nd option.

Kind Regards,

Rajiv

RajivB responded on 12 Oct 2018 9:31 AM

Issue 3977307 is the issue number in LCS

Suggested Answer

One option is to download the slipstream update package from LCS. But installing that requires that you uninstall each AX component and reinstall with the sliptsreamed update. That means you must place the update files in Updates folder of your AX installation media.

This is mentioned here: blogs.technet.microsoft.com/.../announcing-cumulative-update-13-for-microsoft-dynamics-ax2012-r3

Unfortunately the actual installation guide document doesn't seem to be available anymore on MS site.

RajivB responded on 13 Oct 2018 10:35 AM

Thanks Nikolaos for your help. I know the slipstream process to install CU13 and I have done that already. But my concern is we cannot uninstall the all the components in Production and reinstall them using slipstream. Please suggest. :)

Is it possible that in the newly installed slipstream we can update the model and data of prod and can restore the database in Prod. I am really not clear about it. Please suggest.

Suggested Answer

The slipstream approach doesn't work for the model database, only for binary components. So you have to get rid of this internet connectivity problem. Did you already check the hotfix that was mentioned earlier in this discussion (3977307)?

RajivB responded on 15 Oct 2018 3:11 AM

That is the issue number the "3977307" in LCS and it is still unresolved there. So I am wondering if any of the partners must have done CU13 update in the running Prod environment.?

Please suggest.

Thanks in Adance. :)

Suggested Answer

You only need the internet connection in one environment (for example dev environment). In the update installer you can select to download the updates so that you can update other environments without internet connection.

Obviously the dev environment must be in same AX version, otherwise you might not get all needed updates in the offline package.

Suggested Answer

One option is to download the slipstream update package from LCS. But installing that requires that you uninstall each AX component and reinstall with the sliptsreamed update. That means you must place the update files in Updates folder of your AX installation media.

This is mentioned here: blogs.technet.microsoft.com/.../announcing-cumulative-update-13-for-microsoft-dynamics-ax2012-r3

Unfortunately the actual installation guide document doesn't seem to be available anymore on MS site.

Suggested Answer

The slipstream approach doesn't work for the model database, only for binary components. So you have to get rid of this internet connectivity problem. Did you already check the hotfix that was mentioned earlier in this discussion (3977307)?

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS