SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

What does Subscriber Access License (SAL) cover?

Microsoft Dynamics AX Forum

pnwguy asked a question on 8 Nov 2018 9:08 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Verified

We are looking at the various AX R3 licensing models and have a question about Subscriber Access License (SAL) - is that all-inclusive (hardware + AX license + SQL license), or is that just the cost for the AX licenses, and we have to further pay for the hardware and SQL license?

This is what I see in the guide, but wasn't quite clear on the definition of "hosted solution".

Suggested Answer

AX2012 licenses always cover only the use of AX. You must obtain the server infrastructure, Windows licenses and SQL Server licenses separately.

Verified Answer

Sorry, I need to correct / clarify my previous statement a bit:

"Microsoft Services Provider License Agreement (SPLA) is a licensing program that enables service providers with hosted services to license Microsoft products on a monthly basis to provide services and hosted applications".

Then this service provide can offer AX for monthly price (including server, SQL and other costs) to end customers.

Verified Answer

Sorry, I need to correct / clarify my previous statement a bit:

"Microsoft Services Provider License Agreement (SPLA) is a licensing program that enables service providers with hosted services to license Microsoft products on a monthly basis to provide services and hosted applications".

Then this service provide can offer AX for monthly price (including server, SQL and other costs) to end customers.

Suggested Answer

AX2012 licenses always cover only the use of AX. You must obtain the server infrastructure, Windows licenses and SQL Server licenses separately.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS