SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Warehouse dock station - avoid generic user

Microsoft Dynamics AX Forum

mrami asked a question on 8 Nov 2018 3:30 PM

Question Status

Suggested Answer

We are implementing warehouse module. Our forklift operators are the one who pick the products as well as ship the product. So they have to in and out between dock and forklift and They need to login to both the place (devices) in AX. Now the issue is, if they are picking items while logged in AX and they have to stop and go out to docking station to ship something, they will have to login to AX from dock computer. Once they login there, they are losing the AX session on other computer. In order to avoid that the option is to create a generic id for Docking station computer but it's not allowed as per the auditing standard. What are the other options I have?

Sagar Suman responded on 14 Nov 2018 1:28 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

HI mrami ,

Why your operators are not using mobile device to perform picking operations?

Thats how the solution should work ideally that picking should happen on hand held devices and final shipment confirmation in the dock from the rich client.

In such case it does not matter if these persons are same as mobile device login requires a worker setup in warehouse management and shipment confirmation can use normal Dynamics user login in rich client.

Solves you case if you move to hand held devices.

mrami responded on 15 Nov 2018 11:39 AM

I guess I didn't explain the problem clearly. We have forklift operators who are using Notebooks and they login on them using windows AD account to AX. Now when a driver shows up, they have to go back to dock and there they have a desktop. Now in order for them to login to AX, they have to sign out from Desktop's current user and login as them so they can open AX. Once they do that, they get kicked out from their forklift notebook. So when they go back to forklift, they have to re-login. They don't want to keep going back and forth. I am not sure when you say mobile device, what you are referring to.

Sagar Suman responded on 14 Nov 2018 1:28 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

HI mrami ,

Why your operators are not using mobile device to perform picking operations?

Thats how the solution should work ideally that picking should happen on hand held devices and final shipment confirmation in the dock from the rich client.

In such case it does not matter if these persons are same as mobile device login requires a worker setup in warehouse management and shipment confirmation can use normal Dynamics user login in rich client.

Solves you case if you move to hand held devices.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS