SBX - Forum Post Title

Settlement Posting Data type

Microsoft Dynamics AX Forum

Ding Li asked a question on 8 Nov 2018 6:29 PM
My Badges

Question Status

Verified

Hi All,

I have question about Vendor --- Settle Open transactions (Microsoft AX 2012 R3)

what difference for these three option:

Today's date / Latest Date / Selected Date

How these three option impact financial transaction? 

Thanks in advance.

Suggested Answer

Hi,

Those dates can make a difference if you use for example cash discounts.

Depending on the settlement date selected the cash discount might be posted or not.

Best regards,

Ludwig

Ding Li responded on 12 Nov 2018 4:12 PM
My Badges

Dear Ludiwig,

Thanks so much for your answer.

Let me refine my question:

1. when I choose 'Latest date', which date would be here?   (let's say if I do settlement today)

2. please take a look into following 2 pictures:

a. when I choose latest date. it shows there is 0.01 transaction

b. when I choose 'today', there is just reverse

what the '0.01' transaction is?

Thanks in advance. 

Hi,

Can you check and share the transaction and posting type in the general tab of the line with the $0.01 amount?

Best regards

Ludwig

Ding Li responded on 12 Nov 2018 5:56 PM
My Badges

General Tab for 0.01 transaction:

Posting Profile: GEN

Verified Answer

Hi,

Did you settle a foreign currency invoice with a payment in this case?

The transaction type indicates that there must be some foreign currency involved.

Assuming that this is the case, can you check the foreign currency rate change between the time the invoice was recorded and the time the settlement was made?

This should explain the difference.

Best regards

Ludwig

magic1949 responded on 13 Nov 2018 6:21 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

It can also affect exchange rate revaluation as mentioned. Best to read the help notes on this:  docs.microsoft.com/.../settle-open-transactions-vendor-form

To post the actual invoice date from the invoice document the vendor supplied, enter it  when posting the invoices in AX so that you can track and age the document. If this is the requirement then check the look at the accounts payable parameter 'require document date on vendor invoice'. This can be set at" none, warning, or error. If set at none then an Ax check isn’t done. If set at error then the document will not post until the date is enterered.

Ding Li responded on 15 Nov 2018 7:50 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Dear Magic,

thanks for your information. I will look into it.

I really appreciate. 

Ding Li responded on 15 Nov 2018 7:51 PM
My Badges

Dear Ludwig,

Yes, you are right!!.

Thanks so much.

Verified Answer

Hi,

Did you settle a foreign currency invoice with a payment in this case?

The transaction type indicates that there must be some foreign currency involved.

Assuming that this is the case, can you check the foreign currency rate change between the time the invoice was recorded and the time the settlement was made?

This should explain the difference.

Best regards

Ludwig

magic1949 responded on 13 Nov 2018 6:21 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

It can also affect exchange rate revaluation as mentioned. Best to read the help notes on this:  docs.microsoft.com/.../settle-open-transactions-vendor-form

To post the actual invoice date from the invoice document the vendor supplied, enter it  when posting the invoices in AX so that you can track and age the document. If this is the requirement then check the look at the accounts payable parameter 'require document date on vendor invoice'. This can be set at" none, warning, or error. If set at none then an Ax check isn’t done. If set at error then the document will not post until the date is enterered.

Suggested Answer

Hi,

Those dates can make a difference if you use for example cash discounts.

Depending on the settlement date selected the cash discount might be posted or not.

Best regards,

Ludwig

Ding Li responded on 15 Nov 2018 7:50 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Dear Magic,

thanks for your information. I will look into it.

I really appreciate. 

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS