SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Print Label on License plate Build (WHS, Mobile)

Microsoft Dynamics AX Forum

Ugo Gasparri asked a question on 9 Nov 2018 1:52 AM

Question Status

Verified

Hi, 

I need to print license plate automatically on parent license plate build. However, I can't find any way to do this as in the Document Routing there is no setting for License Plate Build. 

Can anybody help me with this?

Thanks!

Crispin John Augustine responded on 9 Nov 2018 2:24 AM
My Badges

License Plate Build is just conceptually introduced in the system, without actually offering much functionality. So most functions you Need to use LPBuild for has to be developed.

In your case, printing LP is quite an easy development to make. LPBuild itself is a simple Code, where you can add a print function. Ask if you Need more Details.

Ugo Gasparri responded on 9 Nov 2018 2:30 AM

Hi, thanks for the answer. This means I need to work with the code, I hoped there was a way to do it via configuration.  This information is sufficient for me at the moment. Thanks again!

Sagar Suman responded on 14 Nov 2018 12:25 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi Ugo Gasparri,

label printing for parent license plate is not supported in case you use license plate built option to nest child license plate.

For a simple reason as a license plate label stores information such as item, batch number, unit and so on and this relationship is 1:1 i.e one label represents one item and its details.

Now as you nest multiple child license plate to one parent the label will not add up all the information of the items in the child.

Ugo Gasparri responded on 15 Nov 2018 1:56 AM

Hi, I understand the logic since you can't add up the nested plates to the label, however, I expected to be able to print a specific layout (for example, with only the barcode of the license plate number). I don't understand how it would be expected to use this function without printing any label, since I need to move the nested LP via mobile.

Crispin John Augustine responded on 15 Nov 2018 2:14 AM
My Badges

"...since I need to move the nested LP via mobile..." tthis function is not available in the Standard Version. And is quite a big development..

Sagar Suman responded on 15 Nov 2018 2:25 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Hi Ugo Gasparri,

The common practice is that parent license plates are generally pallets which are pre bar coded and do not need label every time you next child on them as it is the same license plate no matter what you nest. So label it once for all. (Outside applications can be easily used to generate bar code for the parent)

Ugo Gasparri responded on 15 Nov 2018 2:41 AM

Hi Crispin. This confuses me. I just tried creating a nested LP with some LPs inside. Then used the inventory movement to move it to another location, and it worked as expected. What do you mean the function is not available?

Ugo Gasparri responded on 15 Nov 2018 2:43 AM

Hi Sagar. Thanks, this makes sense. I will check if I can use this standard scenario somehow or if we need an easy mod to allow printing on creation.

Sagar Suman responded on 15 Nov 2018 2:25 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Hi Ugo Gasparri,

The common practice is that parent license plates are generally pallets which are pre bar coded and do not need label every time you next child on them as it is the same license plate no matter what you nest. So label it once for all. (Outside applications can be easily used to generate bar code for the parent)

Sagar Suman responded on 14 Nov 2018 12:25 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi Ugo Gasparri,

label printing for parent license plate is not supported in case you use license plate built option to nest child license plate.

For a simple reason as a license plate label stores information such as item, batch number, unit and so on and this relationship is 1:1 i.e one label represents one item and its details.

Now as you nest multiple child license plate to one parent the label will not add up all the information of the items in the child.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS