Delete and Add Management Reporter User

Microsoft Dynamics AX Forum

Tahta Bintang Pratama asked a question on 9 Nov 2018 2:55 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Dear All,

I use Microsoft Dynamic AX 2012 R3 and Management Reporter 2012 CU10

I want to delete a user (let's call it user A) from Management Reporter and add a new one (user B)

Read and follow this thread to delete user role but it doesn't remove user A from Management Reporter, and user B doesn't appear on Management Reporter 
https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/axinthefield/management-reporter-2012-security-review-with-ax-2012/

I try to delete user A from AX , but it doesn't remove user A from Management Reporter

And then I find this thread https://community.dynamics.com/ax/f/33/t/126571

I try to delete user from MR Database, it has so many relationship table

I delete all data related to user A and user B appear on Management Reporter, but It deletes some report too

So I restore the database back

Please help me what to do if you have any suggestion and solution

Thank in advance

Regards,

Bintang

Hello Bintang,

What role does user A still have in AX? Is this a user who left the company?

Best regards

Ludwig

Suggested Answer

Hi Bintang,

If you are running MR2012 with CU10, then there is a bug which is solved in CU11. The best is update Management reporter to the latest available cumulative update.

Tahta Bintang Pratama responded on 9 Nov 2018 4:24 AM
My Badges

Hi Ludwig Reinhard ,

only System User remaining

Yes user A resign from that company

Tahta Bintang Pratama responded on 9 Nov 2018 4:26 AM
My Badges

Hi André Arnaud de Calavon,

Is that any requirement to upgrade CU for Microsoft Dynamic AX 2012 R3 too?

Hi Tahta,

The next blog describes that deleting users was not working correctly: support.microsoft.com/.../microsoft-management-reporter-2012-cumulative-update-11-cu11-is-availa

So, to have your issue solved, you need to upgrade. Deleting the users directly from the MR database is not recommended. The best is to get the latest available version of Management Reporter.

Suggested Answer

Hi Bintang,

If you are running MR2012 with CU10, then there is a bug which is solved in CU11. The best is update Management reporter to the latest available cumulative update.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS