SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

How to make customer aging report with SQL

Microsoft Dynamics AX Forum

Daniel Lee asked a question on 15 May 2019 8:27 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Verified

I'm using AX2012 and need to make query for customer aging report with SQL.

If anyone already have the query or can give information, please give it to me.

Thanks.

Hi Daniel,

Why do you need it in SQL? There are out of the box configurable reports available. You are not telling what information should come out of the query. can you also tell in detail what you expect from such query?

Daniel Lee responded on 15 May 2019 10:52 AM
My Badges

Hi Andrew,

I mean I want to see the result of customer aging report in SQL. If there are many ways to make the report with sql query, I just want to know standard report query.

Hi Daniel,

If you follow the logic used by Microsoft to create their report, you might be able to compose an SQL query. But, you haven't answered why you need an SQL statement... What would be the purpose?

Verified Answer

Hello Daniel,

Why do you need to do that?

Doing that seems to be quite complex. See e.g. the notes that you can find here:

stoneridgesoftware.com/modifying-the-ax-2012-customer-or-vendor-aging-reports

Best regards,

Ludwig

Daniel Lee responded on 16 May 2019 4:50 AM
My Badges

Thanks Andre and Ludwig,

The purpose of my need for sql query to make customer aging report is to use for Power BI.

Our Power BI project will use the query to bring the data same as the report from AX.

Suggested Answer

Like previous posters said, you would need to "reverse engineer" this complex report, by looking how it's designed. You can also capture trace and use Trace parser to see the underlying SQL queries.

Or, you might export the AX SSRS report to Excel and use that Excel as a data source in Power BI.

Verified Answer

Hello Daniel,

Why do you need to do that?

Doing that seems to be quite complex. See e.g. the notes that you can find here:

stoneridgesoftware.com/modifying-the-ax-2012-customer-or-vendor-aging-reports

Best regards,

Ludwig

Suggested Answer

Like previous posters said, you would need to "reverse engineer" this complex report, by looking how it's designed. You can also capture trace and use Trace parser to see the underlying SQL queries.

Or, you might export the AX SSRS report to Excel and use that Excel as a data source in Power BI.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS