SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Invoice stopping for customers with overdue invoice

Microsoft Dynamics AX Forum

iron.apologist asked a question on 16 May 2019 2:58 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Hi... We need an option to stop invoicing for customers with overdue invoices. 

Suppose there's a credit / cash invoice that's not been paid and it is overdue, we need the option to automatically stop invoicing so that sales people cannot post invoice for that customer until that payment is made & updated. 

Currently there's a option in the customer details where the invoicing can be stopped. But this has to be done manually. Is there any option to get this done automatically once there's an overdue?

Hi Iron,

There is no automation that will put a customer on hold for invoicing if there is an overdue balance. You can consider a customization. But... You need to manage to prevent delivery new goods or services to that customer. This parameter is not preventing that. So, do you really want to block invoicing when you did deliver goods?

iron.apologist responded on 16 May 2019 3:56 AM
My Badges

Hi André. Thank you for your reply. This feature also supports stopping 'all' transactions. So we could do this to prevent any deliveries and invoicing altogether. The only issue we have is it has to be done manually.

Suggested Answer

Hi iron.apologist,

In AX2012 you need to 'adjust' this. I do not know a standard way how to realize this in the standard application. This is also what Andre mentioned above ;-)

Best regards,

Ludwig

Suggested Answer

Hi iron.apologist,

In AX2012 you need to 'adjust' this. I do not know a standard way how to realize this in the standard application. This is also what Andre mentioned above ;-)

Best regards,

Ludwig

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS