SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Overall demand forecast quantity for item xxx is too low on 10/1/2019. Sales quantity 708.00 should be increased by at least 1,192.00.

Microsoft Dynamics AX Forum

Ansel Slagle asked a question on 16 May 2019 11:50 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Verified

Has anyone else seen this message after running Master Scheduling?

It seems straight forward, but the odd behavior is that when you look at the demand forecast in Net Requirements for 10/1/2019 it is Blank.  There is a line there and there is a value in the Forecast, but there is no value in Net requirements

Guy Terry responded on 21 May 2019 3:41 PM
My Badges

How does the Demand forecast for Item <redacted> look on the 10/1/2019?

Satish Panwar responded on 22 May 2019 12:56 PM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Yes, we have faced the same issue as well...See details below. There is problem with forecast entry...Seems to have forecast at customer (120 qty)  as well as without customer (100 qty). system will try to reduce customer forecast from overall forecast. If negative, error is thrown.

In general, total quantity against customer forecast must be less than or equal to total forecasted value. Hope this helps. Please help verify answer if this resolves your issue.

Ansel Slagle responded on 22 May 2019 1:26 PM
My Badges

Guy,

Here's the demand forecast screenshot:

Again, the 9/24/2019 demand forecast and the 10/8/2019 demand forecast show up as expected, it is just the 10/10/2019 entry.

Ansel Slagle responded on 22 May 2019 1:33 PM
My Badges

Satish,

Interesting.  I think I see what you mean. I'm going to try to make some changes to the demand forecast to see if I can test out this theory, then maybe come up with a solution.  Seems like a bug... Shouldn't AX just add the two together instead of trying to net them out?

Satish Panwar responded on 22 May 2019 1:49 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

its working as expected. Its should not add two together as the levels are different. Either have your forecast at customer level OR group level. If you want to have at both levels, make sure higher level is greater than lower evel (customer)

Ansel Slagle responded on 22 May 2019 2:20 PM
My Badges

Satish,

Thank you for the clarification and suggestion.  That makes sense now and I have tried a few scenarios:

- I made one of the demand forecasts inactive, then the proper amount showed up.

- I then made the demand forecast active again, and I get the missing demand from the higher level.

- I added a customer group to the highest level and now I get both demand forecasts as expected.

Thanks!

Satish Panwar responded on 22 May 2019 12:56 PM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Yes, we have faced the same issue as well...See details below. There is problem with forecast entry...Seems to have forecast at customer (120 qty)  as well as without customer (100 qty). system will try to reduce customer forecast from overall forecast. If negative, error is thrown.

In general, total quantity against customer forecast must be less than or equal to total forecasted value. Hope this helps. Please help verify answer if this resolves your issue.

Satish Panwar responded on 22 May 2019 1:49 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

its working as expected. Its should not add two together as the levels are different. Either have your forecast at customer level OR group level. If you want to have at both levels, make sure higher level is greater than lower evel (customer)

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS