SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

workflow reject and return to the previous node

Microsoft Dynamics AX Forum

Jason_jia asked a question on 11 Jun 2019 10:44 PM

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Hi All,

I have a request when workflow reject, the workflow need go back to previous step, not back to submit.  Anyone have some suggestion?

Thanks a lot,

Suggested Answer

Hi Jason,

The workflow engine has not been designed to support this scenario. When someone rejects a workflow, it means that something is wrong. The source can be adjusted. When something had been changed, it usually requires a new approval. I would not recommend to change the behavior/logic of the workflow engine.

Blue Wang responded on 11 Jun 2019 11:39 PM
My Badges

Hi Jason,

It seems that your demand will create a workflow cycle.
If A submits, B passes and flows to C.
When C refuses to return to B, the result of B passes again, which leads to the repetition of B and C nodes, and makes the workflow unable to end normally.

The normal workflow should be from beginning to end, and if there is a fallback, the submission should be revised. Maybe you can redesign the previous node by changing the rejection.

Jason_jia responded on 12 Jun 2019 1:24 AM

Hi Andre,

Thanks for you response,

Jason_jia responded on 12 Jun 2019 1:27 AM

Hi Blue,

Thanks for your response.

Hi Jason,

Has your question been answered? If so, would you mind to verify the answer(s) that helped you? Then the tread will get the status answered which is also helpful for other persons with the same question.

Jason responded on 17 Jun 2019 8:11 PM

Hi andre

No, we finally keep standard function, when reject return to submit.

Thanks a lot,

Blue Wang responded on 17 Jun 2019 9:15 PM
My Badges

Hi Jason,

That's exactly what Andre and I thought. Your idea of what you need is not feasible. This can disrupt the workflow.

Thanks.

Suggested Answer

Hi Jason,

The workflow engine has not been designed to support this scenario. When someone rejects a workflow, it means that something is wrong. The source can be adjusted. When something had been changed, it usually requires a new approval. I would not recommend to change the behavior/logic of the workflow engine.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS