SBX - Forum Post Title

SSRS report error

Microsoft Dynamics AX Forum

AX Beginner asked a question on 12 Jun 2019 9:13 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Hi Experts,

I am getting below error while running some of the SSRS reports. Same report I am able to extract for a less number of transactions, Example I am able to extract the report Inventory by item group aging for some spare parts items but if I run the report for all SP items the report stops and give below error. May I know basically when this error occurs and how to solve it. I was suspecting, it could be related to Table type of the temporary table used in the report but it is not. 

For more information about this error navigate to the report server on the local server machine, or enable remote errors

Thanks

Hi AX beginner,

Like the error is stating, you can enable remote errors or have a look at the events/SQL logs on the reporting server to get some information. As it is working for a few records and not for a complete list, there might be a limit reached; e.g. a timeout on processing time.

Archana P responded on 13 Jun 2019 1:25 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi AX Beginner,

You can have a look at this:

docs.microsoft.com/.../tips-to-help-prevent-long-running-reports-from-timing-out

Also please check if the respective query being used have right relations defined (if you are using AOT query) + the business logic in the DP class

We have faced this almost everyday for a week in the past but the scenario was different (the report was not printing at all even with different filters) & below are things that fixed the issue :

1. Changing the pointing of business connector to the right instance and restart reporting service

2. Validating the report settings in System administration -> Setup -> report servers

3. Deleting the report and redeploying it, refreshing all types of cache from AOT -> tools

4. Deleting user cache

5. Refreshing the DataSource in the VSTS project and redeplying the report

Thanks

Archana

Archana P responded on 13 Jun 2019 1:25 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi AX Beginner,

You can have a look at this:

docs.microsoft.com/.../tips-to-help-prevent-long-running-reports-from-timing-out

Also please check if the respective query being used have right relations defined (if you are using AOT query) + the business logic in the DP class

We have faced this almost everyday for a week in the past but the scenario was different (the report was not printing at all even with different filters) & below are things that fixed the issue :

1. Changing the pointing of business connector to the right instance and restart reporting service

2. Validating the report settings in System administration -> Setup -> report servers

3. Deleting the report and redeploying it, refreshing all types of cache from AOT -> tools

4. Deleting user cache

5. Refreshing the DataSource in the VSTS project and redeplying the report

Thanks

Archana

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS