SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Need to set limit on the Bank balance

Microsoft Dynamics AX Forum

Rahat Ali asked a question on 13 Jun 2019 3:35 AM

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Hi Everyone,

I am using MS dynamics AX R3, I need to set limit in Bank balance.

For e.g. I have a bank account that have balance 5000 and need to set the limit 1000 on it. So user can only withdraw (through payment) 4000 and 1000 should remain in this account and if user want to withdraw the amount greater than 4000 like 4100 then system should give error or warning and not allow to do payment. Any one have any idea ? 

Suggested Answer

Hi,

There is a bank credit limit functionality available.

Please have a look at the following site, which describes details: docs.microsoft.com/.../usa-create-a-payment-journal-and-validate-the-credit-limit-for-a-bank

Would be great if you could go through this document and let us know if this fits your requirement and answers your question.

Best regards,

Ludwig

Rahat Ali responded on 13 Jun 2019 10:03 AM

I performed a scenario on test machine details are below:

I have a bank account HBL and I have set Credit limit = -2,000.00

And this bank has balance 10,000.00

Now if I make payment against this bank account of amount 11000.00 and validate the payment system give OK message snap is below:

Now if make payment of amount 13000.00 then system give warning of credit limit.

This means I can make payment of 12000 (Bank balance = 10000.00 + Credit limit = 2000.00 = 12000)
If try to make payment above of 12000 then system will give warning.

But I want a reverse scenario that if bank has balance 10000.00 and set the limit 2000.00 then system should allow to make payment of amount 8000.00 (Bank balance = 10000.00 – limit = 2000.00 = 8000) and if make payment above of amount 8000.00 then system should give warning.

Hope above detail give more understanding on my problem.

Thanks
-Rahat Ali

Suggested Answer

Good Morning Rahat Ali,

What you describe does not sound like a credit limit but a minimum balance that you want to keep on the account, right?

Have you tried adding a positive limit of +2000?

Not sure if this is going to work because I never had a similar requirement. Therefore, please test it.

If it does not work out of the box then you might have to consider making a system modification.

Best regards,

Ludwig

Suggested Answer

Hi,

There is a bank credit limit functionality available.

Please have a look at the following site, which describes details: docs.microsoft.com/.../usa-create-a-payment-journal-and-validate-the-credit-limit-for-a-bank

Would be great if you could go through this document and let us know if this fits your requirement and answers your question.

Best regards,

Ludwig

Suggested Answer

Good Morning Rahat Ali,

What you describe does not sound like a credit limit but a minimum balance that you want to keep on the account, right?

Have you tried adding a positive limit of +2000?

Not sure if this is going to work because I never had a similar requirement. Therefore, please test it.

If it does not work out of the box then you might have to consider making a system modification.

Best regards,

Ludwig

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS