Our support engineers have assembled the top recommended solutions for you.
Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012
Data Import, Export, and Migration
Upgrading to Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012
Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009
Application Object Server (AOS)
Enterprise Portal and Role Centers
SSRS and SSAS Integration
My Client is a Rice Processing Company, what it does is purchase raw rice from market, process it and then export it. The Manufacturing process is as follow:
• Operation 1 Cleaning (Performed on cleaning section of Plant which has four machines all work together)
• Operation 2 Polishing (Performed on polishing section of Plant which has four machines, in some cases two machine1 and machine 2 is operated and in some cases machine 3 and machine 4 is operated whereas at times all four works together)
• Operation 3 Sorting (Performed on sorting section of Plant which has two machines, both works together)
• Operation 4 Grading 1 (Performed on 1st grading section of Plant which has four machines, all works together)
• Operation 5 Grading 2 (Performed on 2nd grading section of Plant which two four machines, both works together)
• Operation 6 Grading 3 (Performed on 3rd grading section of Plant which two three machines, all works together)
• Operation 7 Packing (Performed on packing section of Plant which one machine)
The capacity of whole plant in which all the machines works together is 5 Ton per hour and all machines starts together, i.e. all the operations are simultaneous.
In Microsoft Dynamics AX-2009 this can be achieved by defining secondary operations of one primary operation but it has a limitation that one operation can have only five secondary operations.
What should be done in this case? Please help!!
Thanks in advance
Hi Muhammad, it seems operations mentioned above looks sequential in nature..first cleaning and then polishing ..and so on...and if that is the case, you need not use secondary operation ..and instead you can define it in usual sequence 10 - Cleaning, 20- Polishing ..and probably what are you looking for is to start 20 as soon as some output from operation 10 is available, instead waiting for it to get it finished completely..and this is what you set up in 'Transfer batch' field on operation relation ..or on Route...
I hope this helps. Let me know if questions.
Other Microsoft Sites
I'm a Customer
I'm a Partner
Follow Microsoft Dynamics