How can do a Floating MIN MAX in Dynamics 3.0

This question has suggested answer(s)

Our business is highly seasonal even by Month. So I am trying to use the MIN MAX functionality in AXAPTA to have a seasonal monthly MIN and a monthly MAX - these will vary month by month.

If the Item on hand falls below the MIN, I want it to build to the MAX (whatever the monthly MAX may be at that point).

I believe this is a basic and standard functionality in AXAPTA but, I am unable to generate planned orders to the MAX. It gives me planned orders but way over builds than the maximum MAX or it builds to the MINIMUM and gives orders only when the MINIMUM increases.

Please help...Any help will be appreciated....

All Replies
  • First it will always exceed the maximum if the demand requires it or if you have order modifiers impacting on it.

First thing to check is the item coverage group where it only goes to the min, is this a min/max policy.

Then look at the item coverage of the items you feel are wrong and dissect why it is doing it, look at the trigger, forward demand and order modifiers (min, multiples etc.).

Also check the min/max flow from the keys in the coverage as this can move depending upon where demand is and how you have configured this.

Steve Weaver | Dynamics AX Solution Architect - UK | My Blog

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

• I have nothing that impacts the orders (I have Zeroed out the F/C) since I need it to run only on a MIN MAX. The item coverage group is set to MIN-MAX and not to Period or anything like that.

The forward demand is only the change in MINS and MAXs due to a floating monthly MIN MAX. I checked the Keys as well and the correct numbers show up for MIN MAX by month.

I know there must be something off why it fulfills only to the MIN and never builds to the MAX.

Any help you provided will be much appreciated or any direction you can give me to check. I feel there is something basic I am missing.

Thanks so much, Weaveriski!

• Never had access to version 3, I presume you do not have a partner you can ask to check updates, it maybe planning had an issue in this requirement type in that version and service pack.

Did they have the fulfill minimum and minimum periods check box on the item coverage record in 3?

Steve Weaver | Dynamics AX Solution Architect - UK | My Blog

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.