How to map Dimension fields from AX to CRM using connector?

How to map Dimension fields from AX to CRM using connector?

This question has suggested answer(s)

I am trying to Map the Dimension field which I understand is an Array, to CRM using Dynamics Connector. I have tried using the available functions within the connector but have not managed to successfully map this field.

Regards Nilesh

All Replies
  • How are you intending for the dimensions to appear in CRM?

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Connector for Microsoft Dynamics team blog

• I'm struggling with the same thing.

CHETZLER, if I want it to be 3 lookups or maybe 3 dropdowns on Account and Order in CRM, can I just expose the dimension fields from Customer in AX to the webservice and then manually add all the corresponding values in CRM and map the two?

Would that set the dimensions in AX correctly? I've spoken to an AX consultant who says dimension fields are different from normal fields and the 3 dimension fields combined have a rec ID so I cant really change them in CRM and just map them with the Connector as we usually do with other fields.

Could you provide any insight on this?

• Your AX consultant is correct.  These fields come over in an array of string values that could not be easily mapped to drop downs in CRM or changed from within CRM.  You might want to engage with our pro-services team to help out with this using an advisory case or the AX consultant might be able to get this working for you.  I think that you do have options here and could get something working, but I would defer to an AX expert for that work / advice.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Connector for Microsoft Dynamics team blog