Personalized Community is here!
Quickly customize your community to find the content you seek.
Choose your path Increase your proficiency with the Dynamics 365 applications that you already use and learn more about the apps that interest you. Up your game with a learning path tailored to today's Dynamics 365 masterminds and designed to prepare you for industry-recognized Microsoft certifications.
Visit Microsoft Learn
2020 Release Wave 2Discover the latest updates and new features to Dynamics 365 planned through March 2021.
Release overview guides and videos Release Plan | Preview 2020 Release Wave 2 TimelineWatch the 2020 Release Wave 1 virtual launch event
Ace your Dynamics 365 deployment with packaged services delivered by expert consultants. | Explore service offerings
Connect with the ISV success team on the latest roadmap, developer tool for AppSource certification, and ISV community engagements | ISV self-service portal
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks
I own a small/medium sized candy store and am looking at purchasing our first pos system, but have a few questions for those of you who use the system daily.
1) Will Microsoft dynamics run on winodows 8?
2) What accounting software is it compatible with?
3) Does it matter what company I use to process credit/debit cards?
4) Can customers place an online order for in store pickup?
5) I'm sure it does, but can we track our inventory across multiple stores?
Since we do both prepackaged and custom weights we would like to incorporate a scale and label printer.
6) Can I use a scale with microsoft dynamics, if so does it matter which one?
7) Can microsoft dynamics send a command to a label printer that will automatically start printing a label for the recently weighed item(s) with our logo and information, basically fill in the weight and type of candy along side our predetermined logo and company information.
8) I have also been looking at intuit pos, what makes Microsoft dynamics a better option?
Thanks for your time and hopefully I posted this in the correct area.
The answers to your questions go well beyond what you're asking. But, without going into detail:
Dynamics AX, stated very very simplistically, is accounting software, but is capable of
doing immensely more than that.. Your question requires more information.
This is dependent upon what vendor you choose and the setup you
decide upon. The non-complicated answer, no, it doesn't matter.
There is a way to set this up, yes.
Directly with AX, I'm not sure.
It can certainly collect the data and allow for this through a third party bolt-on, but I
am not sure if it can do this natively.
I cannot say at this time; I've never looked at intuit.
Again, these are very basic answers. But I wanted to give you something to start with.
you need only POS or with an ERP ?
Business Applications communities