Choose your path Increase your proficiency with the Dynamics 365 applications that you already use and learn more about the apps that interest you. Up your game with a learning path tailored to today's Dynamics 365 masterminds and designed to prepare you for industry-recognized Microsoft certifications.
Visit Microsoft Learn
2020 release wave 1 Discover the latest updates and new features to Dynamics 365 planned through September 2020
Release overview guides and videos Release Plan | Preview 2020 Release Wave 1 Timeline
Ace your Dynamics 365 deployment with packaged services delivered by expert consultants. | Explore service offerings
Connect with the ISV success team on the latest roadmap, developer tool for AppSource certification, and ISV community engagements | ISV self-service portal
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks
I have the following situation. I need to download a trial balance into Management Reporter 2012 (MR) and I need to add some data to it from the purchasing- and sales subledger. To add the data I use Excel through the Link Type "Financial Dimensions + Worksheet".
When I load a single legal entity, I can load the Excel data and I see in the report data from both DAX and Excel. But when I use a Reporting Tree and in the Column Definition I set te top of the tree, the rows that should be populated from Excel stay empty. It seems I either can load the specific legal entity (which means I cannot use a hierarchy) or I can load the hierarchy, which precludes seeing the Excel data.
Why is this the case? I would have expected the system to load the data from Excel and then aggregate it, together with the DAX data, to the top of the Reporting Tree.
Your help is appreciated! Thank you.
Hi Abaw, It's difficult to point you directly to the root cause of your problem based on the Information available. For that reason here some hints what you could possibly try to do:
* Have you linked your row definition in the reporting tree? (column "row definitions")
* Have you setup the different companies you want to report on in the reporting tree as separate lines?
* Have you linked your reporting tree to your column definition via the reporting unit column definition line?
* For additional Information, please also check the videos/posts on the MS Management reporter website blogs.msdn.com/.../dynamics_financial_reporting . They are pretty good and might help you Fixing your problem.
All the best,
4) Those don't answer the fundamental question: how does Excel loaded data aggregate. Is it even possible?
Thank you for your help so far.
Maybe check the following site for some additional Information on excel imports: msdn.microsoft.com/.../dn451230.aspx
Can you also possibly check the calculation priority settings & processing order of your MR report? You can find them in the settings tab of the report definition.
Hope it helps. All the best,
Business Applications communities