Personalized Community is here!
Quickly customize your community to find the content you seek.
Choose your path Increase your proficiency with the Dynamics 365 applications that you already use and learn more about the apps that interest you. Up your game with a learning path tailored to today's Dynamics 365 masterminds and designed to prepare you for industry-recognized Microsoft certifications.
Visit Microsoft Learn
2020 Release Wave 2Discover the latest updates and new features to Dynamics 365 planned through March 2021.
Release overview guides and videos Release Plan | Preview 2020 Release Wave 2 TimelineWatch the 2020 Release Wave 1 virtual launch event
Ace your Dynamics 365 deployment with packaged services delivered by expert consultants. | Explore service offerings
Connect with the ISV success team on the latest roadmap, developer tool for AppSource certification, and ISV community engagements | ISV self-service portal
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks
I'm trying to use the "split the asset" functionality.
1. I can't use it if I don't enable the check box "allow multiple transactions within one voucher" in the general ledger parameters. Otherwise, when I try to post the journal created by the split function I get the error message: There can only be one fixed asset transaction per voucher. Is it possible to use the functionality without setting this option to yes?
I've tried posting the journal with the checkbox for multiple transactions within one voucher set to yes and I still get other errors that don't seem to make much sense:
2. "Transactions on voucher do not balance reporting currency vs accounting currency" - but the amounts are equal, the journal has been created from the split asset function from the asset book. I see in the journal created that it's not taking any exchange rate for the reporting currency, that may be why but still I don't understand the reason because there's an active exchange rate between both currencies.
I have tried manually populating the exchange rate on the reporting currency but it hasn't worked.
Also, any particular reason I get the same error display three times? Does it mean that I have problems in the three currencies?
3. I also get the following error: "You must select a value in the GCOA field in combination with the following dimensions values that are valid" - The only main account used here has the only mandatory financial dimension fixed against it on the main account:
For No 1:
Why do you want to use the one voucher functionality?
It is currently limited and not recommended to use.
You can find some information here:
For No 2:
Please check LCS to ensure that this message is not caused by a bug.
For No 3:
Please check your account structure and the findims that are required for account 1300099. I cannot identify what kind of account that is and for purpose it is used from your screenprints. So, please provide more information here.
Thanks as always for your input.
1. I did not want to use the one voucher functionality, I actually wanted to avoid using it but it seemed necessary for the split asset functionality to work.
What I was trying here is to transfer one asset from book to book to maintain assets in progress. This is, have the asset linked to a book that do not depreciate while it´s in progress and transfer it to another book once finished with the split functionality. But I never got the split functionality to work.
2. I didn´t find anything in LCS about this.
3. The main account on the error didn´t have the financial dimensions on the error as mandatory. The accounts for automatic transactions penny differences, error account, etc (any that I thought could be involved) had the financial dimensions set as fixed against the account.
Business Applications communities