Personalized Community is here!
Quickly customize your community to find the content you seek.
Choose your path Increase your proficiency with the Dynamics 365 applications that you already use and learn more about the apps that interest you. Up your game with a learning path tailored to today's Dynamics 365 masterminds and designed to prepare you for industry-recognized Microsoft certifications.
Visit Microsoft Learn
2020 Release Wave 2Discover the latest updates and new features to Dynamics 365 planned through March 2021.
Release overview guides and videos Release Plan | Preview 2020 Release Wave 2 TimelineWatch the 2020 Release Wave 1 virtual launch event
Ace your Dynamics 365 deployment with packaged services delivered by expert consultants. | Explore service offerings
Connect with the ISV success team on the latest roadmap, developer tool for AppSource certification, and ISV community engagements | ISV self-service portal
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks
we are not able to pick the item without the procurement category in the purchase requisition.
My client wants to enter the purchase requisition in three ways,
1. PR with procurement category and project category - we can able to do this.
2. PR with procurement category - we can able to do this.
3. PR with only inventory item, not the procurement category - this way we are not able to do it. It is asking the procurement category as mandatory field.
Please share your comments on how to enter a PR without a procurement category for an inventory item.
Thanks in Advance.
Please perform the following steps to create and link default Procurement Category hierarchy on Product screen.
1. Create Procurement hierarchy from Product information Management > Setup > Categories and attributes > Categories and attributes and select associate hierarchy type as "Procurement category hierarchy"
2. Link this hierarchy on Product card > Product categories.
Thanks for your response Idress. when I did this setup, after releasing the PR. I noticed the procurement category in my purchase order. I don't want the procurement category in my purchase order. I need only items in the purchase order.
Actually the procurement category is a mandatory field in the purchase requisition screen, the reason being procurement category help the business in raising purchase requisition easily.
You can also refer to this blog for further clarification and understanding.
Hope it clarifies and helpful for you.
Good morning BanuReddy,
What is the major worry that you have if you have the procurement category visible in the PR?
If the category is linked to your item then there is no extra selection / typing necessary.
So, there seems no 'harm' done by having this info in the PR and if you don't want that people see this column, simply hide it from the form.
Thanks for your reply, Ludwig.
Initially, I was scared having the procurement category in the purchase order will result in different transactions in vouchers.
But that is not the case. After viewed your question.
I tried creating a PO in two ways.
1. having the procurement category and item in the PO
2. removed the procurement category from the item form and enter PO only with the item.
In both cases, I got the same voucher transaction.
Business Applications communities