Personalized Community is here!
Quickly customize your community to find the content you seek.
Have questions on moving to the cloud? Visit the Dynamics 365 Migration Community today! Microsoft’s extensive network of Dynamics AX and Dynamics CRM experts can help.
2022 Release Wave 1 PlanDynamics 365 release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.
2022 release wave 1 plan
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Community | FastTrack Program | Finance and Operations TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks | All TechTalks
How to deploy and configure retail feature pack of AX 2012?
After struggling against the couple of problems, I succeeded in deploying and configuring retail feature pack of AX 2012.
Just write down this post as a memo, and hope this can help others.
I was using the retail demo data released by Microsoft downloaded from partnersource, so I didn't enter the data of stuff, stores, terminals and so forth.
1. Install Retail components onto retail headquarter server, store database server and pos client. Make sure the sync framework is installed on the headquarter and store database server.
2. Initialize the "Retail Store Connection" service on headquarter server and store database server.
3. Create "Store database" on store database server. Run the application "Retail database utility" to create store database.
4. Set "Retail Transaction Service Profile". Server:<Headquarter machine name>, Port:<1239>
5. Set "Retail Store Connect Profile". Each "Retail Store Connection" service created in step2 needs one profile. In this case, I created 2 profiles.
6. Set "AOS profiles". AOS profile is used to connect AOS to headquarter. User should assign the "Retail Store Connection" of headquarter in AOS profile. In this case, I created 1 profile.
7. Set "Database profiles". Database profile is used to connect Store database to "Retail Store Connection" of store. In this case, I created 1 profile.
8. Set "Distribution locations". select the database profile created in step7 for the corresponding location.
9. Set "Distribution location list". Create a list and include the location(s) set in step8.
10. Execute the jobs N-XXX from "Retail->Periodic->Retail scheduler->Distribution schedule" to synchronize the data from headquarter to store database.
11. Check if the corresponding data has been synchronized to store database. Use "Retail Database Utility" to create offline database.
12. Launch POS client.
Business Applications communities