Authored by John Hendrickson, InterDyn BMI

Less than a month to go before Convergence 2012, I am already counting down the days to my trip to Houston, Texas.  This once a year event is such a great opportunity to see so many customers, partners and vendors, many that I have not seen since last year at Convergence.

There is so much to do and see when you are there, yet the most valuable thing I’ve learned at Convergence is the importance of spending extended time with my customers. Breakfast, keynotes, breakout sessions, dinners and late night socializing builds relationships with customers that I do not believe can be created or maintained any other way.

We all have heard and can appreciate the old adage that “people do business with people they like”; well I have found Convergence to be one of the best ways to get to really get to know your customers and for customers to get to know you. Even after 14 years of Convergence attendance I still appreciate the value of spending several days with customers. The combination of learning, expo research and just having fun together ties people together with shared experiences and stories for years to come.

Houston should be a great new city to host Convergence and I can’t wait for the Welcome reception on Sunday March 18th.

John Hendrickson
CEO, InterDyn BMI a
nd member of the Convergence 2012 Partner Advisory Council