SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Time Sheet Report

Dynamics 365 Business Central Forum

Brian Durn asked a question on 17 Nov 2016 1:16 PM
My Badges

Question Status

Verified

Is there a report that gives a breakdown of time spent on Job No. and Job Task No. for a given resource? Essentially I would like to print the time sheet for a given employee for auditing purposes. The time sheet would need to list the number of hours spent on each job and job task for the given week.

Chris Bulson responded on 17 Nov 2016 4:24 PM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Hello Brian,

I'm not seeing anything out of the box that will give you exactly what you're looking for.  The Resource Register report is close, or even the Cost Breakdown... but neither gives you everything.  You might be able to use one of these reports as a starting point to build a custom report to get what you're looking for though.

Thanks,

Chris

Brian Durn responded on 18 Nov 2016 7:36 AM
My Badges

Thanks Chris, I will try a custom layout for those reports.

rcboiler responded on 11 Jan 2018 4:34 PM
My Badges

Chris,

Has there been any progress with timesheet reporting (in 365 or accessible via PowerBI) - such as a timesheet register that would show all time entered by resource with the date/hours detail?

Joe B. responded on 14 Sep 2018 2:39 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Another option is importing your web services into Popdock.  Popdock integrates with BC and imports all the web services that you create.  Then you are able to access them and all the data.  It then allows you to sort, group, filter, or search the data.  Even export the data to Excel if you wanted.  You can create reports and save them as favorites to come back to weekly or monthly.  It's a great web application that could help get the data you need.  You can also build custom lists creating joins between multiple web services and build relationships between them as well.  This opens up more options of how you want to see the data.  Here is an example where I used the Posted Sales Invoice Lines and built a relationship to the Posted Sales Invoices to be able to see which Posted Sales Invoice each line belonged to as well as see the data that the invoice web service has that the invoice line web service did show.

Thanks,

Joe

Jason Nicolaou responded on 14 Sep 2018 3:21 PM
My Badges

What about some filtering applied to the Job Journal?  I hope that the next release incorporates some of the advanced filtering tools that worked very well in NAV.  

Joe B. responded on 14 Sep 2018 3:41 PM
My Badges

Yes, plenty of filtering options available for any of the web services.

Chris Bulson responded on 17 Nov 2016 4:24 PM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Hello Brian,

I'm not seeing anything out of the box that will give you exactly what you're looking for.  The Resource Register report is close, or even the Cost Breakdown... but neither gives you everything.  You might be able to use one of these reports as a starting point to build a custom report to get what you're looking for though.

Thanks,

Chris

Joe B. responded on 14 Sep 2018 2:39 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Another option is importing your web services into Popdock.  Popdock integrates with BC and imports all the web services that you create.  Then you are able to access them and all the data.  It then allows you to sort, group, filter, or search the data.  Even export the data to Excel if you wanted.  You can create reports and save them as favorites to come back to weekly or monthly.  It's a great web application that could help get the data you need.  You can also build custom lists creating joins between multiple web services and build relationships between them as well.  This opens up more options of how you want to see the data.  Here is an example where I used the Posted Sales Invoice Lines and built a relationship to the Posted Sales Invoices to be able to see which Posted Sales Invoice each line belonged to as well as see the data that the invoice web service has that the invoice line web service did show.

Thanks,

Joe

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS