SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

How do you set up Canadian Sales tax in D365 Financials / Business Edition? PST and GST

Dynamics 365 Business Central Forum

Mark Powell asked a question on 1 Aug 2017 9:48 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Verified

Scenario:

Set up Sales tax in the demo environment for Canadian sales tax.

I have followed all of the wikis and blogs instructions that I can find and am having no luck.

I am able to set the PST and GST to calculate and be added to a sale. The part where I am having trouble is for items that are charged GST only. I know that there are tax groups, jurisdiction and areas. I see that the tax group and tax area need to match for the tax to be charged. I don't see how you can set a tax area to have both PST and GST for some items and only GST for others. How does this work? What am I missing? 

Tammy Torgerson responded on 3 Aug 2017 1:20 PM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the questions. In order to support these items which have only GST, I did create a new Tax Group. I now have one called "GST ONLY" which I will assign to the items which are only subject to GST tax. And then I have another called "TAXABLE" which will be assigned to the items which have both PST and GST.

Next, I added records in the Tax Details page my new "GST ONLY" Tax Group. I will include a screen shot here of the Tax Detail records for my CA (GST) Jurisdictions as well as those for BC and MB. You should set up GST ONLY for all of the Jurisdiction values that you have.

Once again, ensure that the GST ONLY Tax Group is assigned to the items which are only subject to GST. Finally, test out sales transactions with the GST ONLY items as well as those that are fully TAXABLE.

I hope that this information makes sense. Please let me know if you have further questions on this topic.

Mark Powell responded on 3 Aug 2017 3:30 PM
My Badges

Tammy,

Thank you for getting back to me with the answer. I got this to work. 

Kashif639 responded on 11 Oct 2018 5:08 AM

Can u please mention some blog from where i can get step by step configurations  

Tammy Torgerson responded on 3 Aug 2017 1:20 PM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the questions. In order to support these items which have only GST, I did create a new Tax Group. I now have one called "GST ONLY" which I will assign to the items which are only subject to GST tax. And then I have another called "TAXABLE" which will be assigned to the items which have both PST and GST.

Next, I added records in the Tax Details page my new "GST ONLY" Tax Group. I will include a screen shot here of the Tax Detail records for my CA (GST) Jurisdictions as well as those for BC and MB. You should set up GST ONLY for all of the Jurisdiction values that you have.

Once again, ensure that the GST ONLY Tax Group is assigned to the items which are only subject to GST. Finally, test out sales transactions with the GST ONLY items as well as those that are fully TAXABLE.

I hope that this information makes sense. Please let me know if you have further questions on this topic.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS