SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Data Backup and Restore - Dynamics 365, Business Edition

Dynamics 365 Business Central Forum

Saleem Ahmed asked a question on 26 Aug 2017 2:59 AM

Question Status

Verified

Hello All,

We are using Dynamics 365, Business Edition (Online), I would like to know can i take backup of my database, if Yes, then how it can be create and restore. 

Chris Bulson responded on 28 Aug 2017 10:37 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Hello,

There isn't a method for you to take backups.  You can create a copy of a company if you'd like to have a Test\Sandbox company to work in.  This can be done from the 'Companies' window.

We have point-in-time restore capability on the backend for disaster recovery purposes if needed.

Thanks,

Chris

Saleem Ahmed responded on 29 Aug 2017 3:34 AM
Suggested Answer

Thanks Chris for your reply,

Copy company option is work for me :)

Trevor@Vox responded on 23 Mar 2018 4:59 PM

Hi Chris, we have a customer who is getting Financials Online and wants to know about the recovery options for their specific NAV company or Database. You mentioned "point-in-time restore capability" ... what are the particulars of that? i.e. can we go back one day, one week, one month, etc. or is there a specific limit? Also, who would one contact to arrange for that? Thanks VERY much for taking the time to look at this question.

Chris Bulson responded on 27 Mar 2018 8:12 AM
My Badges

Hello,

You can go back up to 1 month and restore the entire tenant.  You would need to contact support to have it done.

Thanks,
Chris

Ruslan Kapral responded on 30 Apr 2018 1:37 AM

Hi Chris,

Is there a possibility to copy companies from Live to Sandbox or only within either Live or Sandbox?

Chris Bulson responded on 30 Apr 2018 8:08 AM
My Badges

There isn't currently a way to copy an entire company database between two tenants (Sandbox\Live).  You'd have to try to get what you wanted through Edit in Excel or Configuration Packages.

Thanks,
Chris

Mike Stallmann responded on 10 May 2018 2:16 PM
My Badges

Are there plans for copying to sandbox and are there plans to allow us to manage the backup/restore just like 365 CRM has?

AbsolutelyFreeWeb responded on 16 May 2018 12:21 AM
My Badges

we setup a new company in a sandbox environment, then want to move it to the production environment, how are we going to accomplish this without the import/export .navdata functionality ?

Chris Bulson responded on 16 May 2018 8:02 AM
My Badges

There is no way to do this right now.  You should setup your company in your production environment.  You can copy companies within the same tenant.  Sandbox is for development of extensions.

Thanks,

Chris

Ruslan Kapral responded on 17 May 2018 4:34 AM

Hi Chris, thanks for clarification. Question or suggestion though - even for sandbox development purposes it is sometime needed to have a copy of Live data to make sure extension does what it needs to do and does it right. Is Microsoft planning to introduce a capability for data migration/company copy between production and sandbox instances?

Chris Bulson responded on 17 May 2018 8:12 AM
My Badges

I believe it is the goal to have that functionality eventually.  If it's not already suggested though, you can suggest it here - experience.dynamics.com/.../list

Thanks,

Chris

Chris Bulson responded on 28 Aug 2017 10:37 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Hello,

There isn't a method for you to take backups.  You can create a copy of a company if you'd like to have a Test\Sandbox company to work in.  This can be done from the 'Companies' window.

We have point-in-time restore capability on the backend for disaster recovery purposes if needed.

Thanks,

Chris

Saleem Ahmed responded on 29 Aug 2017 3:34 AM
Suggested Answer

Thanks Chris for your reply,

Copy company option is work for me :)

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS