SBX - Forum Post Title

Microsoft Dynamics 365 For Sales - Sales Orders to BC

Dynamics 365 Business Central Forum

northeastman asked a question on 8 May 2018 10:07 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Hi,

I have created a Sales Order in Dynamics 365 for Sales and it appears in Business Central, however, it's under the "Sales Order - Microsoft Dynamics 365 For Sales" table, rather than under simply the "Sales Order" page. It gives me the option to Create In Business Central.

Why would this be?

Why do I have to Create In Business Central all the Sales Orders from CRM?

Thanks,

Steve

Abdelrahman Erlebach responded on 16 May 2018 4:25 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Ok Let me try to explain you why:

The native integration from BC to Dynamics 365 for sales (CRM) has the same logic like the one from NA to CRM:

One entity in CRM will be represented in NAV DB as a 'CRM Table' which is a temp table from CRM showing in NAV, then the normal NAV table.

This means what you see in BC as "Sales Order - Microsoft Dynamics 365 For Sales" is just a snapshot from the sales order entity in CRM shown in NAV.

When you click 'Create in BC' you give BC the permission to copy this to the existing Sales Order Table in BC.

Simply said you approve the SO in BC.

Why do you need this?

It is a matter of integrity, because you do not want one system to manipulate the data of the Other system, this is the best way to save your data.

After the SO is created in BC you can carry on working on it, and when it is invoice in BC you can even synchronize the invoice from BC to CRM.

Thanks,

Rahman Erlebach

Ivan Koletic responded on 17 May 2018 2:19 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi Steve,

Rahman's explanation is correct. 

However, if you don't really want the hassle of converting sales orders manually you can have BC to this automatically for you. 

Have a look at this help topic:

1. Search for Dynamics 365 Connection setup and place a checkmark in Automatically Create Sales Order

2. If you want to transfer Writein products from D365 Sales you'll need additional setup in Sales & Receivable Setup, where you pick how you want write-in products to be created in BC: as Items (non-invetory would be recommended) or as Resources

Above settings ensure you get sales orders from D365 Sales directly converted to BC Sales order, no manual intervention needed. 

Hope this helps

Abdelrahman Erlebach responded on 23 May 2018 2:26 AM
My Badges

ikoletic

Hi Steve,

However, if you don't really want the hassle of converting sales orders manually you can have BC to this automatically for you. 

1. Search for Dynamics 365 Connection setup and place a checkmark in Automatically Create Sales Order

2. If you want to transfer Writein products from D365 Sales you'll need additional setup in Sales & Receivable Setup, where you pick how you want write-in products to be created in BC: as Items (non-invetory would be recommended) or as Resources

Above settings ensure you get sales orders from D365 Sales directly converted to BC Sales order, no manual intervention needed. 

Hope this helps

Thanks Ivan for the great addition.

Abdelrahman Erlebach responded on 16 May 2018 4:25 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Ok Let me try to explain you why:

The native integration from BC to Dynamics 365 for sales (CRM) has the same logic like the one from NA to CRM:

One entity in CRM will be represented in NAV DB as a 'CRM Table' which is a temp table from CRM showing in NAV, then the normal NAV table.

This means what you see in BC as "Sales Order - Microsoft Dynamics 365 For Sales" is just a snapshot from the sales order entity in CRM shown in NAV.

When you click 'Create in BC' you give BC the permission to copy this to the existing Sales Order Table in BC.

Simply said you approve the SO in BC.

Why do you need this?

It is a matter of integrity, because you do not want one system to manipulate the data of the Other system, this is the best way to save your data.

After the SO is created in BC you can carry on working on it, and when it is invoice in BC you can even synchronize the invoice from BC to CRM.

Thanks,

Rahman Erlebach

Ivan Koletic responded on 17 May 2018 2:19 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi Steve,

Hope this helps

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS