SBX - Forum Post Title

can we connect to sandbox environment thru mobile app

Dynamics 365 Business Central Forum

Mohana Yadav asked a question on 13 Jun 2018 9:54 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Suggested Answer

I have created a D365BC tenant and installed one app in sandbox environment 

i want to test this app which is installed in sandbox environment in mobile.

is it possible?

Thomas Barbut2 responded on 14 Jun 2018 8:00 AM

That's an interesting question. I was also wondering if there is any way. Would help in development.

Suggested Answer

Yes you can.

It is now possible to run the mobile app by invoking a URL that is based on the ms-businesscentral URI scheme. The URL has the following format:

ms-businesscentral://<domain>[/sandbox]/

All you need to do is construct an email or document containing the above URL and open it on your device with the app installed to force your app to connect in a different way – passing additional parameters.

Get to the sandbox: ms-businesscentral://businesscentral.dynamics.com/sandbox

Go back to the standard environment: ms-businesscentral://businesscentral.dynamics.com/

Mohana Yadav responded on 21 Jun 2018 6:01 AM
My Badges

can you give more details in this please

All you need to do is construct an email or document containing the above URL and open it on your device with the app installed to force your app to connect in a different way – passing additional parameters.

Suggested Answer

If you have a device with the Business Central Mobile app installed, you can paste in your browser the following string:

ms-businesscentral://businesscentral.dynamics.com/sandbox

the browser will then ask you to open the BC app. Click YES and you will be connected to the sandbox.

You can pass also additional parameters, check here:

docs.microsoft.com/.../devenv-link-to-universal-app

Mohana Yadav responded on 25 Jun 2018 11:37 AM
My Badges

without ms-businesscentral: it is always connecting to production tenant only

with ms-businesscentral: it is not opening app. it is trying to find in google search

Suggested Answer

hi,

any news about this topic ?

it works?

Thanks.

AJ Ansari responded on 5 Jul 2018 2:24 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi Robert,

I just tried on my iPhone X and it is working just fine. I have the Business Central app installed.

When I type in ms-businesscentral://businesscentral.dynamics.com/sandbox in my Safari browser on my phone, it prompts me to launch the Business Central app. I accept, and then it thinks for a while, and finally asks me to enter my tenant id. I simply put in the tenant prefix (if it's #####.onmicrosoft.com, I just put #####). Then it prompts me for user name and password, and finally logs me in to the sandbox environment.

Here is a screenshot:

PS: Credit to Stefano for actually sharing with us that this was possible, and the URL to use. My response only validates that I am able to get to the sandbox on my mobile using the URL Stefano shared. And the reason I am validating it is because Mohana and Robert asked for clarification as to whether it worked.

I hope this helps. If my response has answered your question, please verify by clicking Yes next to "Did this answer your question?"

Suggested Answer

As previously suggested in this thread, I can confirm that the url I’ve provided works, at least to me.

Mohana Yadav responded on 8 Jul 2018 6:12 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

It is working in iOS devices but not at least in my Android device because it is not considering complete url

Suggested Answer

Yes you can.

It is now possible to run the mobile app by invoking a URL that is based on the ms-businesscentral URI scheme. The URL has the following format:

ms-businesscentral://<domain>[/sandbox]/

Get to the sandbox: ms-businesscentral://businesscentral.dynamics.com/sandbox

Go back to the standard environment: ms-businesscentral://businesscentral.dynamics.com/

Suggested Answer

If you have a device with the Business Central Mobile app installed, you can paste in your browser the following string:

the browser will then ask you to open the BC app. Click YES and you will be connected to the sandbox.

You can pass also additional parameters, check here:

docs.microsoft.com/.../devenv-link-to-universal-app

Suggested Answer

hi,

any news about this topic ?

it works?

Thanks.

AJ Ansari responded on 5 Jul 2018 2:24 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi Robert,

I just tried on my iPhone X and it is working just fine. I have the Business Central app installed.

When I type in ms-businesscentral://businesscentral.dynamics.com/sandbox in my Safari browser on my phone, it prompts me to launch the Business Central app. I accept, and then it thinks for a while, and finally asks me to enter my tenant id. I simply put in the tenant prefix (if it's #####.onmicrosoft.com, I just put #####). Then it prompts me for user name and password, and finally logs me in to the sandbox environment.

Here is a screenshot:

PS: Credit to Stefano for actually sharing with us that this was possible, and the URL to use. My response only validates that I am able to get to the sandbox on my mobile using the URL Stefano shared. And the reason I am validating it is because Mohana and Robert asked for clarification as to whether it worked.

I hope this helps. If my response has answered your question, please verify by clicking Yes next to "Did this answer your question?"

Suggested Answer

As previously suggested in this thread, I can confirm that the url I’ve provided works, at least to me.

Mohana Yadav responded on 8 Jul 2018 6:12 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

It is working in iOS devices but not at least in my Android device because it is not considering complete url

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS