SBX - Forum Post Title

CRM Sales Order to BC Sales Order Integration

Dynamics 365 Business Central Forum

northeastman asked a question on 22 Jun 2018 8:54 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Hi,

I'm looking at the Sales Order integration from CRM to Business Central. I'd like to see which fields integrate.

When I look at the Integration Table Mappings in BC I see everything (Contact, Account, Product etc.) but I don't see anything for Sales Order!

Where can I see which fields from Sales Order integrate to BC? Why does the Sales Order entity not integrate?

Thanks, Steve

Marco Mels responded on 25 Jun 2018 4:12 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hello,

The Sales Order Integration can be enabled on the Microsoft Dynamics 365 Connection Setup and this is the only entity where you can switch this functionality on or off. Then there is also the option to automatically create sales orders on the same page. There is indeed no visibility of a specific Integration Table Mapping created. A logical reason could be that Dynamics CRM in general is quite different from Dynamics BC and that these fields are already part of other integration table mappings though codeunit 5343 CRM Sales Order to Sales Order has been created specifically for this purpose. There is however a integration table mapping for Sales Invoices.

If the above is not sufficient, I could of course ask around internally.

Thanks.

Jason Nicolaou responded on 25 Jun 2018 6:34 AM
My Badges

There is an intermediate step when processing as well.  CRM creates a quote, then a CRM sales order that has to be submitted to BC.  Then inside of BC there is a separate list view of sales orders from CRM.  There you have to convert it into a BC Sales Order.  

Best of luck!

sgtilt responded on 11 Oct 2018 9:50 AM
My Badges

you can have orders created automatically by clicking the tickbox in the connection setup.

Marco Mels responded on 25 Jun 2018 4:12 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hello,

The Sales Order Integration can be enabled on the Microsoft Dynamics 365 Connection Setup and this is the only entity where you can switch this functionality on or off. Then there is also the option to automatically create sales orders on the same page. There is indeed no visibility of a specific Integration Table Mapping created. A logical reason could be that Dynamics CRM in general is quite different from Dynamics BC and that these fields are already part of other integration table mappings though codeunit 5343 CRM Sales Order to Sales Order has been created specifically for this purpose. There is however a integration table mapping for Sales Invoices.

If the above is not sufficient, I could of course ask around internally.

Thanks.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS