SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

How to remove search icon from ribbon?

Dynamics 365 Business Central Forum

Ezra Nielsen asked a question on 11 Jul 2018 2:08 PM
My Badges

Question Status

Verified

How do I remove the search icon from the ribbon on a specific role center?

Ignacio Pablo Cerdán responded on 13 Jul 2018 5:36 AM
My Badges

I don't think it's possible

Suggested Answer

Not possible.

Ezra Nielsen responded on 18 Jul 2018 4:39 PM
My Badges

is there a way to restrict the results certain users get?

Suresh Kulla responded on 18 Jul 2018 4:41 PM
Suggested Answer

Sorry but no, you can use permissions to restrict access but search will show them

Ezra Nielsen responded on 19 Jul 2018 5:02 PM
My Badges

How would I restrict access to "Account Schedules" and listing the Chart of Accounts Balances?

Marco Mels responded on 20 Jul 2018 3:49 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Hello,

Unfortunately, it is not yet possible to adjust the Permission Set. The ability to adjust the Permission Set will most likely help you to resolve the issue in standard D365 BC. When looking for standard information how this does work in OnPrem Dynamics NAV, I noticed the following partner information which describes it very well:

itsolutions.bdo.ca/.../securing-access-to-general-ledger-based-financial-information-in-microsoft-dynamics-nav

OnPrem documentation from Microsoft:

docs.microsoft.com/.../managing-permissions-and-permission-sets

For BC there is the following information:

docs.microsoft.com/.../ui-how-users-permissions

The good news is that most likely the Fall update for Dynamics 365 BC will have the ability to adjust permission set (but this can be subject to change). Though I am not entitled to give statements about new features for the fall release in a public forum, I can tell you that there is a high demand from partner channel to have the ability to adjust the Permission Set to be included in the Fall release.

Hope it does help.

Marco Mels responded on 20 Jul 2018 3:49 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Hello,

Unfortunately, it is not yet possible to adjust the Permission Set. The ability to adjust the Permission Set will most likely help you to resolve the issue in standard D365 BC. When looking for standard information how this does work in OnPrem Dynamics NAV, I noticed the following partner information which describes it very well:

itsolutions.bdo.ca/.../securing-access-to-general-ledger-based-financial-information-in-microsoft-dynamics-nav

OnPrem documentation from Microsoft:

docs.microsoft.com/.../managing-permissions-and-permission-sets

For BC there is the following information:

docs.microsoft.com/.../ui-how-users-permissions

The good news is that most likely the Fall update for Dynamics 365 BC will have the ability to adjust permission set (but this can be subject to change). Though I am not entitled to give statements about new features for the fall release in a public forum, I can tell you that there is a high demand from partner channel to have the ability to adjust the Permission Set to be included in the Fall release.

Hope it does help.

Suggested Answer

Not possible.

Suresh Kulla responded on 18 Jul 2018 4:41 PM
Suggested Answer

Sorry but no, you can use permissions to restrict access but search will show them

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS