SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Import .NAVDATA to Business Central

Dynamics 365 Business Central Forum

Cue asked a question on 12 Jul 2018 3:41 AM

Question Status

Suggested Answer

I'm trying to set up a Company from Dynamics NAV 2016 to Business Central. With Rapidstart I uploaded important files.

I'm now trying to import the .navdata to Business Central. I can't find the section to import it. 

My question is: is it possible to import the .navdata file to Business Central and how?

Thank you

Suggested Answer

NAVDATA is not available if I remember correctly. You need to use Rapidstart:

docs.microsoft.com/.../admin-migrate-customer-data

Cue responded on 13 Jul 2018 1:30 AM

I made RapidStart packages to migrate some data to Business Central.

Now I need to migrate the ".navdata" file. In Nav 2018, there was the section with Import and Export data files. My question is, is there the section again to import my old .navdata file in Business Central or I have to work with PowerShell script. With RapidStart I can only import Excelfile or RapidStart file. 

Suggested Answer

You cannot use Powershell with BC. As far as I know, you need to use Rapidstart at the moment, no NavData.

Cue responded on 13 Jul 2018 1:58 AM

hmmm, that'll be a problem, 'cause I'll migrate the companyhistory also to BC. As usual you can do it with the function "export and import data file" or Powershell, but in BC I don't know.

Cue responded on 13 Jul 2018 2:08 AM

What's in .navdata inside. Can import this informations or data via RapidStart ?

Company

Exports the specified company or companies, or all companies in the database. This includes the company-specific business data but no other data.

Global data

Exports data that is common to all companies in the database. This includes the report list, user IDs, and printer selections, but no company-specific business data.

Application data

Exports the data that defines the application in the database. This includes the permissions, permission sets, profiles, and style sheets.

Application

Exports all application objects. Data is not included.

This is similar to exporting all objects to an .fob file.

Suggested Answer

NAVDATA is not available if I remember correctly. You need to use Rapidstart:

docs.microsoft.com/.../admin-migrate-customer-data

Suggested Answer

You cannot use Powershell with BC. As far as I know, you need to use Rapidstart at the moment, no NavData.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS