SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

How to Receive a Purchase Order from One Supplier and Post an Invoice for Another

Dynamics 365 Business Central Forum

System Solutions asked a question on 7 Aug 2018 3:16 PM
My Badges

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Product is ordered from and received from the Manufacturer (vendor 1), received into inventory, using a Purchase Order, but another Vendor (vendor 2) actually Invoices for it.  How to receive the Purchase Order from vendor 1 and create an Invoice from vendor 2, such that the 2 documents are tied together?

Brian Hendricks responded on 10 Aug 2018 3:43 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

To accomplish this you will need to first edit the vendor card for the manufacturer (vendor 1).  In the "Invoicing" tab of the vendor card you should see a field called "Vendor No." if you hit the assist button in the field you will be able to select another vendor (Vendor 2) who will actually invoice the order. 

When you post a purchase order for Vendor 1 the AP liability will show up on Vendor 2's ledger entries.

Below is a screen shot showing the vendor card with this setup.  In this scenario Vendor 10000 would be vendor 1 and Vendor 20000 would be vendor 2.

Brian Hendricks responded on 10 Aug 2018 3:43 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

To accomplish this you will need to first edit the vendor card for the manufacturer (vendor 1).  In the "Invoicing" tab of the vendor card you should see a field called "Vendor No." if you hit the assist button in the field you will be able to select another vendor (Vendor 2) who will actually invoice the order. 

When you post a purchase order for Vendor 1 the AP liability will show up on Vendor 2's ledger entries.

Below is a screen shot showing the vendor card with this setup.  In this scenario Vendor 10000 would be vendor 1 and Vendor 20000 would be vendor 2.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS