SBX - Forum Post Title

Error Exporting and Importing Rapid Start

Dynamics 365 Business Central Forum

spena asked a question on 9 Nov 2018 10:26 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Verified

Hi,

With the new version of Dynamics 365 Business Central, my client cannot import/export to Excel.  The package is to import/export inventory items.  There are seven associated tables.  The client was able to import/export in the previous version.

I did create a simple package with one table, and it did import/export just fine.  Any ideas what's going on here?  Are there limitations to how many tables can be on a configuration package?  

Thanks,

Steve

Suggested Answer

I don’t think there’s a written limit but personally I always avoid to have a single package with too much tables. This error however is strange, maybe there are data problems? Try to split the tables in different packages and see what causes the problem.

Laurenz responded on 13 Nov 2018 3:20 AM

I'm facing the same issue when I have to many tables listed in the package. 

Andrei Panko responded on 13 Nov 2018 9:39 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

I see you are importing item table. Could you please check that you do not try to import into obsolete fields?

Field Product Group Code (5704) of table Item (27) is obsoleted, reason: Product Groups became first level children of Item Categories.

spena responded on 13 Nov 2018 10:44 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

This worked!  Thank you.

Andrei Panko responded on 13 Nov 2018 9:39 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

I see you are importing item table. Could you please check that you do not try to import into obsolete fields?

Field Product Group Code (5704) of table Item (27) is obsoleted, reason: Product Groups became first level children of Item Categories.

Suggested Answer

I don’t think there’s a written limit but personally I always avoid to have a single package with too much tables. This error however is strange, maybe there are data problems? Try to split the tables in different packages and see what causes the problem.

spena responded on 13 Nov 2018 10:44 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

This worked!  Thank you.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS