SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Payroll import action not found in general ledger

Dynamics 365 Business Central Forum

Astur Iano asked a question on 12 Jun 2019 1:17 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Hi, I am trying to import a payroll archive into a general ledger but I cant find where it is.

I am in BC 14.0.29537.29654 (I beleive it this is May-2019 realease).

I have checked page "General Journals" under all actions in the ribon but cant find it.

Mary Myers responded on 12 Jun 2019 3:23 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Astur,

If you go under default general Journals, and click more options on the tool bar, you will see an actions icon, with a payroll function, and drop down to import Payroll.  Please see screen.  Are you not seeing this part?  Can you please share a screen shot of your screen if this does not work?

Astur Iano responded on 12 Jun 2019 11:50 PM
My Badges

Thank you for your answer Mary, unfortunately I cant see that option in my menu. Here is a screen shot:

Of course, I have checked all menu options and it does not seem to be there.

I am using Spanish localization.

Mary Myers responded on 13 Jun 2019 4:40 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

have you tried enabling the service yet? Through Assisted Setup?

Mary Myers responded on 13 Jun 2019 4:45 PM
My Badges

Also, you  may need to set up the General journal differently.  What type of General Journal are you using?

Astur Iano responded on 13 Jun 2019 5:06 PM
My Badges

That service (I guess something related to payroll) is not in assisted setup.

Here is assisted setup screen capture

Astur Iano responded on 14 Jun 2019 2:14 AM
My Badges

Type of general ledger?

Astur Iano responded on 14 Jun 2019 6:32 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Downloaded and installed a BC on premises. Edit General Journal page and see that there are 2 types of payroll actions, one of then (using data exchange definitions) is directly marked as VISIBLE = False (dont ask me why). The other Payroll import action is Visible depending on if you have a service conection for payroll (There is none in Spanish version at the moment). That is the reason why I cant see nothing.

Mary Myers responded on 15 Jun 2019 6:51 AM
My Badges

So you were using BC on Prem is that correct? Just asking so I will know in the future.  Thanks for sharing your findings and allowing me to work on this with you

Astur Iano responded on 15 Jun 2019 9:49 AM
My Badges

My original question was on BC Cloud. As I could not find an answer I downloaded a BC On premises and access to General Journal page with C/AL to see what was going on there... and I found it... Thank you for your patience and answers.

Mary Myers responded on 12 Jun 2019 3:23 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Astur,

If you go under default general Journals, and click more options on the tool bar, you will see an actions icon, with a payroll function, and drop down to import Payroll.  Please see screen.  Are you not seeing this part?  Can you please share a screen shot of your screen if this does not work?

Mary Myers responded on 13 Jun 2019 4:40 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

have you tried enabling the service yet? Through Assisted Setup?

Astur Iano responded on 14 Jun 2019 6:32 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Downloaded and installed a BC on premises. Edit General Journal page and see that there are 2 types of payroll actions, one of then (using data exchange definitions) is directly marked as VISIBLE = False (dont ask me why). The other Payroll import action is Visible depending on if you have a service conection for payroll (There is none in Spanish version at the moment). That is the reason why I cant see nothing.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS