SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Did anyone found Work Description Line on sales invoice ?

Dynamics 365 Business Central Forum

bob84 asked a question on 17 May 2018 3:56 PM

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Hi all !

Did anyone found Work Description Line on sales invoice like in NAV ?

Thanks !

Suggested Answer

I think this is a custom field on your NAV installation and so you don’t have it as default in D365BC. You can add it with a simple table extension.

bob84 responded on 18 May 2018 2:05 AM

I found the work description line on the sales - Quote report in Word :

Do you think it is still not default in D365BC ?

Suggested Answer

Sorry, just checked and it's a standard field from NAV 2017. In BC this is not visible on page as default but you can add it with an extension.

bob84 responded on 19 May 2018 1:47 AM

Can someone help me to do this (create an extension to enable a standard field on sales quotes) thanks

Suggested Answer

You can do that directly in your D365BC sandbox by clicking on Designer and add the field you need. Than save the extension and take it in your production environment.

Dan Levy responded on 25 May 2018 8:26 AM
My Badges

could you use this to add available fields to a report? I.e. I need to print the "Sell To" address on Sales invoice

Claus Macali responded on 31 May 2018 3:24 PM
My Badges

Regarding report are you using word to print your reports,

Then add the the field working with word

David Boehm, CPA responded on 8 Jun 2018 3:19 PM
My Badges

At this point in time, the answer is "no".  The ability to modify the underlying dataset in a Word or SSRS report, is scheduled to become functional with the Sept. 2018 update to BC.

Suggested Answer

I think this is a custom field on your NAV installation and so you don’t have it as default in D365BC. You can add it with a simple table extension.

Suggested Answer

Sorry, just checked and it's a standard field from NAV 2017. In BC this is not visible on page as default but you can add it with an extension.

Suggested Answer

You can do that directly in your D365BC sandbox by clicking on Designer and add the field you need. Than save the extension and take it in your production environment.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS