SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Change flowfield calculation formula of existing field

Dynamics 365 Business Central Forum

Thomas Barbut2 asked a question on 14 Jun 2018 5:27 AM

Question Status

Verified

Hello,

is it possible to change the flowfield calculation formula of an existing field (standard) in Business Central via AL Extension or do I have to replace the field entirely?

best regards,

Thomas Barbut

Verified Answer

This is not possible. You need to create a new field.

Thomas Barbut2 responded on 14 Jun 2018 7:55 AM

Hello, thanks for the answer.

Also is there any way to see current calculation formula of an existing flowfield?

I haven't found a way to do it.

best regards,

Thomas Barbut

Verified Answer
To see the current Calculation formula of a standard field, you need to install a local BC sandbox. In a local sandbox, you have access to C/SIDE and you can see standard code and standard field properties (like Calcformula in a standard flowfield). However, actually they're the same as in NAV (maybe it could be quick for you for checking).
Thomas Barbut2 responded on 14 Jun 2018 8:19 AM

Hello,

Was just thinking there is maybe some possibility with the online Sandbox. I will go with local Sandbox just to make sure there are not any changes between Business Central and NAV 2018.

Thanks alot again!

Verified Answer

This is not possible. You need to create a new field.

Verified Answer
To see the current Calculation formula of a standard field, you need to install a local BC sandbox. In a local sandbox, you have access to C/SIDE and you can see standard code and standard field properties (like Calcformula in a standard flowfield). However, actually they're the same as in NAV (maybe it could be quick for you for checking).

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS