SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Cash Receipt Listing on Customer Card - Customer Payments history

Dynamics 365 Business Central Forum

Chad S asked a question on 13 Jul 2018 6:42 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Verified

Is there a way to customer cash receipt history on the Customer Card.  Often we want to see when the last time a customer has made a payment on their account (cash receipt journal) and there doesn't seem to be an quick easy way to do it.  

What report are you using for this? Or how are you accomplishing this at the moment. It seems to "disappear" when posted and can only find history of the invoices it has paid, but not the customers checks (cash receipt) transaction.

AJ Ansari responded on 16 Jul 2018 4:35 PM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Hi Chad,

The Cash Receipt screen is a pro-forma screen; once you've committed this to the system, it is natural that it will disappear from this screen; its "forever home" is the Customer Ledger Entries page (and for more details, the Detailed Customer Ledger Entries page). Here, it will maintain the Check No. and all the other detail you'd keyed in while recording the cash receipt.

Now, for the part about showing this conveniently:

If you're willing to get under the hood (create a simple extension, that is), you can create a Page Part showing a filtered view of the Customer Ledger Entries page (filtered on the specific customer and Document Type = Payment; if needed, add sorting to show the newest date or Entry No. first), and extend the Customer Card page to show this Page Part in the factbox. This will display all payments (Cash Receipts) from the customer as a small grid in the factbox area on the right hand side of the Customer Card.

Or, just click on Ledger Entries in the ribbon and filter on Payments. No extension needed for this.

I hope this helps. If my response has answered your question, please verify by clicking Yes next to "Did this answer your question?"

Chad S responded on 14 Aug 2018 3:32 PM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Yes, we found this... Thank you..

Or, just click on Ledger Entries in the ribbon and filter on Payments

AJ Ansari responded on 16 Jul 2018 4:35 PM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Hi Chad,

The Cash Receipt screen is a pro-forma screen; once you've committed this to the system, it is natural that it will disappear from this screen; its "forever home" is the Customer Ledger Entries page (and for more details, the Detailed Customer Ledger Entries page). Here, it will maintain the Check No. and all the other detail you'd keyed in while recording the cash receipt.

Now, for the part about showing this conveniently:

If you're willing to get under the hood (create a simple extension, that is), you can create a Page Part showing a filtered view of the Customer Ledger Entries page (filtered on the specific customer and Document Type = Payment; if needed, add sorting to show the newest date or Entry No. first), and extend the Customer Card page to show this Page Part in the factbox. This will display all payments (Cash Receipts) from the customer as a small grid in the factbox area on the right hand side of the Customer Card.

Or, just click on Ledger Entries in the ribbon and filter on Payments. No extension needed for this.

I hope this helps. If my response has answered your question, please verify by clicking Yes next to "Did this answer your question?"

Chad S responded on 14 Aug 2018 3:32 PM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Yes, we found this... Thank you..

Or, just click on Ledger Entries in the ribbon and filter on Payments

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS