Dynamics 365 Business Central Forum

Cuong asked a question on 14 Sep 2018 9:10 PM
My Badges

Question Status

Verified

Dear Friends,
I have many questions:
1/ I want to modify existing form+report
2/ What's version of Visual Studio I should use?.

Could you help?. Thank you.

Verified Answer

1) There are no ore forms but pages :) You cannot directly modify an existing page but to modify a standard page you have to create a pageextension object (that extends a standard page) and here add your customizations.

2) You need to have Visual Studio Code (free). Remember that this is not Visual Studio.

Cuong responded on 16 Sep 2018 2:14 AM
My Badges

Dear Friends,

I want to download Visual Studio Code (free). Where's I download it?.

Verified Answer

It’s available here:

Cuong responded on 16 Sep 2018 2:22 AM
My Badges

Can I use C# or VB.NET to coding the pageextension of D365 business central?.

Suggested Answer

No. You need to download the AL Language extension and the use the same language as you use in NAV.

I suggest you to check this book that covers all the Extension development from 0 to publishing:

www.packtpub.com/.../dynamics-365-business-central-development-quick-start-guide

Verified Answer

1) There are no ore forms but pages :) You cannot directly modify an existing page but to modify a standard page you have to create a pageextension object (that extends a standard page) and here add your customizations.

2) You need to have Visual Studio Code (free). Remember that this is not Visual Studio.

Verified Answer

It’s available here:

Suggested Answer

No. You need to download the AL Language extension and the use the same language as you use in NAV.

I suggest you to check this book that covers all the Extension development from 0 to publishing:

www.packtpub.com/.../dynamics-365-business-central-development-quick-start-guide

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS