While restarting IIS I was getting following error
“The IIS Admin Service or the World Wide Web Publishing Service, or a service dependent on them failed to start. The service, or dependent services, may had an error during its startup or may be disabled.”
Went to services.msc and tries starting “IIS Admin Service” and got following error:
“windows could not start the iis admin service on local computer”
“Specified file could not be found”.
To resolve this I followed given msdn blog.
1. Went to “C:WINDOWSsystem32inetsrv”, “MetaBase.xml” was missing
2. Went to History Folder “C:WINDOWSsystem32inetsrvHistory”.
3. Backed up the latest file and renamed it to “MetaBase.xml”.
4. Pasted file in “C:WINDOWSsystem32inetsrv”.
5. Went to Services.msc and started “IIS Admin Service” and it worked
The post Windows could not start the iis admin service on local computer appeared first on Abhinav Ranjan.