Hello;

I wanted to discuss how the direction of the Microsoft Dynamics CRM platform has shifted over the years. In the CRM 3.0 days a developer was needed for almost any task that needed to be done on the platform. With each new version we've seen improvements and capabilities added that allowed customization instead of development/code. 

The ability to customize the platform which each new release becomes more doable by non developers. It doesn't mean a nontechnical person should be implementing everything. It also doesn't mean that there isn't a ton of value in working with Microsoft Dynamics CRM Partners to do and guide a business through implementations. It's making the platform more attainable by a broader audience by offering features that we're heavy development effort before and now out of the box.

Just take a look at some of the latest changes that are configuration based instead of code development on the 365 release:

• App Source - Access to Partner solutions and products that extend the platforms functionality easily.
  • Editable Grids - This has been a feature that partners have provided the solution since CRM 4.0 days. Now it's easily implemented out of the box.
  • Visual Process Editor - The VPE allows for a nice interface to design and build complex workflows.

I think in summarizing this direction it's a ton of quality of life changes that are taking place on each new platform release. I know that I truly look forward to see the App Source grow with the Microsoft Partners solutions to extend the functionalities of CRM out of the box.