Microsoft Flow is a powerful business application that allows the user to create and automate workflows across multiple applications and services without developers help.
In one of our blog “Microsoft Flow – Create record in Dynamics 365 using Gmail Connector”, we saw how to create record in Dynamics 365 using Gmail Connector.
Now in this blog, we will be talking about creating new records in Dynamics CRM using Microsoft Flow.
Consider an example, Where a Sales Reps is on a field visit and he needs to create records like Contacts in Dynamics 365 CRM and Sales Managers also want to track of this records.
So sales manager can create a flow to create contact in Dynamics CRM and to get notifications of it. Now the flow can be created by using existing template or we can create custom flow by using the connectors as shown in the below screenshot.
To create flow follow the below steps in Dynamics CRM:
1. Go to Settings -> Microsoft flow -> click on templates. It will show the list of templates of flow.
2. Now choose template “Create a new contact in Dynamics CRM” as shown below:
3. After selecting the required template it will shows below screen.
4. Next, Sign in with Dynamics CRM and it will show the below screen:
5. We can set parameters in order to fill details to create contact records as below in 1st step:
6. It will give the option to choose input type as text, file or email.
7. In the 2nd step choose a Dynamics 365 organization name and it will show fields of the contact form. It also allows the user to map fields to be filled in Dynamics CRM when the flow gets trigged as shown in the below screenshot.
8. As we want notifications once the record gets created in Dynamics CRM, we will set parameters in the 3rd step as shown below.
9. After creating the flow click on save button as shown in above screenshot.
10. So, whenever sales rep visits a person, he will open Microsoft flow app in mobile and will log in CRM in which he wants to create records.
11. In Flow Buttons tab, the sales rep can see the flow which is created to create contacts in Dynamics CRM as shown in the below screenshot.
12. Sales Reps can click on this flow and it will show the screen to enter the details for input parameters which we set while creating the flow as seen below.
13. Once the user fills the details and click on ‘Done’, it will trigger the flow and record will get created in Dynamics CRM as below:
14. And Sales Manager will get notifications on his flow app for contact created like as shown below:
Using Microsoft Flow, users can easily create new records in Dynamics 365 using simple steps described above.