Barcodes provide a convenient way to pass information from the real world to your app. We see the use of barcode and barcode scanners in our everyday life i.e. while shopping, renting a car, attending major events, flying and so on. They’re in our social media apps and on store windows.
Using Barcode Scanner in Power Apps we can get data or can open URL from Barcode or QR code.
Let’s just start exploring this media by simply creating a Barcode Scanner App to get data and open URL from Barcodes or QR code.
In this app we have use two scanners:
3. Select “Label” and set “text” property of label as “Scan Result:”
4. Select another “label” to display the result of Barcode Scanner. Set “Text” property value as ” scanvalue” variable that contains scan value. As shown in the screenshot below.
5. Now add another scanner on the screen to open a link that is present in the code. Now set “Text” property of BarcodeScanner2 as “Scan and Go”:
6. Now set formula on “onScan” property as “Launch(BarcodeScanner2.Value)” to open URL that is set in the barcode or in QR code. After this save the app.
7. Now open an app in mobile to scan barcode or QR code. At the start, app asks for camera permission because using a mobile camera, barcode or QR code gets scanned. Click on “Allow”.
7. After click on “Scan” button, the mobile camera open to scan barcode or QR code. As shown below:
9. Scanned information gets displayed on mobile.
10. To open particular URL Click on “Scan and Go” Button. In the Below example, we have used QR code related YouTude video. After scan YouTube app gets open in mobile and video start playing.
Conclusion: Using Barcode Scanner media in power apps we can easily scan Barcode or QR code.