Personalized Community is here!
Quickly customize your community to find the content you seek.
Have questions on moving to the cloud? Visit the Dynamics 365 Migration Community today! Microsoft’s extensive network of Dynamics AX and Dynamics CRM experts can help.
2021 Release Wave 1Discover the latest updates and new features to Dynamics 365 planned April 2021 through September 2021.
Release overview guides and videos Release Plan | Preview 2021 Release Wave 1 Timeline
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance and Operations TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks | All TechTalks
Welcome to part 7 of the App for Outlook blog series. In this post, we are going to go over a couple helpful tips when using the App for Outlook.
If you need to create a new record, such as an Account that you also want to Set Regarding to, you can do this with the following steps.
1. Click the Set Regarding search bar:
2. Then, click the Search icon in the Set Regarding pane:
3. You will need to select the entity to enable the +New button (It will be grayed out until narrowed down to a specific entity). In this case, Accounts:
4. Fill out your record details and click Save:
5. Once you click Save, it will automatically Set Regarding to that record for the email or appointment record you are working in:
I cannot tell you specifically what record to Set Regarding to. However, I can tell you that if a tracked email or Appointment has recipients that already resolve to Contacts in Dynamics, the email will already show up as an activity on the timeline for that Contact, as well as the Activities views for the Users that tracked or were resolved as a recipient. In this case, using Set Regarding would be better used to correlate this email to a specific record that the email is referencing (i.e. a specific Account, project, proposal, Contract, Deal, Opportunity, etc…) You would then be able to see this on the Contact and Account, or whichever record you Set Regarding to.
To easily access views from the App for Outlook, you can click on this icon and select the most recently used icon, as shown below.
Once you are here, you can pin favorite records and views for easy access:
1. Open the Dynamics 365 App for Outlook app in App Designer:
2. Click to modify the Site Map:
3. Add a new Area, Group, or Subarea to the Site Map. In this case, we are testing with a Subarea:
4. Click to edit the Subarea properties:
5. Select the type of Entity and Contact as the Entity:
6. Publish the Site Map:
7. Now, open the Dynamics 365 App for Outlook and from the Site Map, you can access the Contact entity directly:
Check out the rest of the series below:
Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5 | Part 6 | Part 8 | Part 9 | Part 10
Thank you for reading!
Business Applications communities