Personalized Community is here!
Quickly customize your community to find the content you seek.
Have questions on moving to the cloud? Visit the Dynamics 365 Migration Community today! Microsoft’s extensive network of Dynamics AX and Dynamics CRM experts can help.
2021 Release Wave 2Discover the latest updates and new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.
2021 release wave 2 plan
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance and Operations TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks | All TechTalks
In this blog, I will demonstrate how to trigger a plug-in in Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement when Product License is updated in Office 365 for a Dynamics 365 user.
1. Write a simple plugin to update the field created in the previous steps
2. Register a plugin step as follow:
3. Register PreImage and PostImage for the plugin step registered in step #1
4. Turn on Plug-in Trace Log, for more information check the article Debug a plug-In
5. Login in the https://admin.microsoft.com/AdminPortal page
6. Navigate to Users > Active Users
7. Pick any user, click on the Edit button for the Product Licenses option
8. Switch the licenses for Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement to Off, click on the Save button
9. The synchronization between Office 365 and Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement could take some time, but once it synchronizes, go to Settings > Plug-in Trace Log, you will see an entry for the plug-in triggered by the action from step #8
10. Open the correct entry and check the Message block under the Execution section, it will be easier to visualize it, if you copy and paste it in a text editor like Notepad
11. Noticed that as you removed the licenses for a specific user, the attribute userlicensetype changed from 6 to -1
Business Applications communities