Choose your path Increase your proficiency with the Dynamics 365 applications that you already use and learn more about the apps that interest you. Up your game with a learning path tailored to today's Dynamics 365 masterminds and designed to prepare you for industry-recognized Microsoft certifications.
Visit Microsoft Learn
2020 release wave 1Discover the latest updates and new features to Dynamics 365 planned through September 2020
Release overview guides and videos Release Plan | Preview 2020 Release Wave 1 TimelineWatch the 2020 Release Wave 1 virtual launch event
Ace your Dynamics 365 deployment with packaged services delivered by expert consultants. | Explore service offerings
Connect with the ISV success team on the latest roadmap, developer tool for AppSource certification, and ISV community engagements | ISV self-service portal
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks
In this blog, I will demonstrate how to trigger a plug-in in Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement when Product License is updated in Office 365 for a Dynamics 365 user.
1. Write a simple plugin to update the field created in the previous steps
2. Register a plugin step as follow:
3. Register PreImage and PostImage for the plugin step registered in step #1
4. Turn on Plug-in Trace Log, for more information check the article Debug a plug-In
5. Login in the https://admin.microsoft.com/AdminPortal page
6. Navigate to Users > Active Users
7. Pick any user, click on the Edit button for the Product Licenses option
8. Switch the licenses for Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement to Off, click on the Save button
9. The synchronization between Office 365 and Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement could take some time, but once it synchronizes, go to Settings > Plug-in Trace Log, you will see an entry for the plug-in triggered by the action from step #8
10. Open the correct entry and check the Message block under the Execution section, it will be easier to visualize it, if you copy and paste it in a text editor like Notepad
11. Noticed that as you removed the licenses for a specific user, the attribute userlicensetype changed from 6 to -1
Business Applications communities