Breaking news from around the world
Get the Bing + MSN extension
Now Available in Community - MBAS 2019 Presentation Videos
Catch the most popular sessions on demand and learn how Dynamics 365, Power BI, PowerApps, Microsoft Flow, and Excel are powering major transformations around the globe. | View Gallery
2019 release wave 2 Discover the latest updates to Dynamics 365Release overview guides and videos Release Plan | Early Access Availability
Ace your Dynamics 365 deployment with packaged services delivered by expert consultants. | Explore service offerings
Connect with the ISV success team on the latest roadmap, developer tool for AppSource certification, and ISV community engagements | ISV self-service portal
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Talent TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks
With CRM 2011 on the verge of being released there are new features being introduced that will allow you to show 1:N related records in a Sub Grid but there is still a limitation of showing information that is from a N:1 (lookup) relationship.
Using some other new features of CRM 2011 I have created a Web Resource that will allow you to show related information from a lookup field.
This Web Resource is a custom html page that pulls information from a specified lookup and queries CRM using the new REST endpoint for the related data, and displays it in a simple format.
Here is what it looks like loaded into the form. This example shows information being pulled for the Primary Contact on the Account form.
The Web Resource pulls the GUID and Record Type from the Primary Contact Field-- and using the Field parameters specified on the Web Resource--queries for the contact information and displays it inline.
Here is how to set it up.
1. Download the Solution file ***HERE***
2. Import the Solution File. After the import you should have a new solution called “Related Information”
3. Open the Solution to verify you have 3 new Web Resources.
4. Open up the entity form that you want to add the Web Resource to. Example: Account Form (Tip: You can now open an entity record, click the “customize” tab at the top and then click the “Form” button to open up the designer)
5. Either highlight an existing section or create a new section to add your Web Resource to.
6. Once a section is highlighted, click the “Insert” tab at the top and then click the “Web Resource” button on the ribbon.
7. In the Web Resource field, select the related.html WR that was added.
8. Enter a name into the “Name” and “Label” field.
9. Enter the parameter string in the “Custom Parameter(data)” field.
Example: lookup=primarycontactid&fields=FirstName,LastName,Telephone1,EMailAddress1&labels=First Name,Last Name,Business Phone,Email Address
10. Click Ok
11. Save the Form
12. Publish Customizations and test your form
You can find more information regarding related services we provide here.
This customization is provided as-is.
Business Applications communities