Tips and Thoughts
1) Is it the right technology for the need?
2) Have a solid design and a long term iteration and maintenance plan
3) Never forget about the customers, customer who might be using the portal.
4) Consider Identity and Authentication for the customers, customer, but also for portal versus Dynamics 365.
5) Golden Keys: The right development team, the right methodology, the right relationships with the customers/users and their continued involving involvement.
6) Graphics and Web Design are part of portal projects, pictures can communicate 1000 of the wrong words.
7) Bring Joy
8) If Multilingual is a need, do it as part of PHASE I. It is harder to add additional languages in later phases.