Breaking news from around the world
Get the Bing + MSN extension
Now Available in Community - MBAS 2019 Presentation Videos
Catch the most popular sessions on demand and learn how Dynamics 365, Power BI, PowerApps, Microsoft Flow, and Excel are powering major transformations around the globe. | View Gallery
2019 release wave 2 Discover the latest updates to Dynamics 365Release overview guides and videos Release Plan | Early Access Availability
Ace your Dynamics 365 deployment with packaged services delivered by expert consultants. | Explore service offerings
Connect with the ISV success team on the latest roadmap, developer tool for AppSource certification, and ISV community engagements | ISV self-service portal
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Talent TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks
In Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013, there are a significant amount of nuances and changes for personal settings that have caused many to spin and scratch their heads. This topic for today is the concept of enabling personal settings within Microsoft Dynamics CRM for users that are not system admins.
In Dynamics CRM 2013, there is the ability for users to select their home page or landing page by default. However, there have been some cases where users who are not administrators are having difficulty or the inability to change their personal settings in Dynamics CRM because the fields are “grayed-out”. This is a problem if your users want to have the ability to set their own personal preferences for their go-to landing page in Dynamics CRM 2013.
So… How do you fix this?
The simplest way to fix this issue is to look at the Dynamics CRM security role matrices for a group of users. To enable your users, a Dynamics CRM admin must execute the following.
1. Go to the Security Matrix by clicking in Settings and clicking Administration.
2. Within Administration select Security Roles.
3. Double click to open a security role from the list that appears.
4. Within the Security Role, go to the Business Management tab and view the User Settings entity in this list.
5. After changing the values, click Save and Close within the Security matrix window.
6. In the main screen of Dynamics CRM, go to the wheel in the top right corner of the screen and click Options from the dropdown.
7. Change the personal settings to the Default Pane to the preferred module (Sales, Marketing, Service) and select the Default Tab to choose the record that a user would like as their home page.
8. After selecting the default pane and tab, click OK. After clicking OK, whenever a user opens Dynamics CRM or clicks the home button at the top of the top ribbon Dynamics CRM will navigate to that page.
If you are considering an upgrade to Dynamics CRM 2013, read more articles on the new release of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013. If you are looking for a partner to support Microsoft Dynamics CRM, contact our professionals for more information.
By: Zak Kreuger – Minnesota Microsoft Dynamics CRM partner
The post Why can’t I change my personal settings in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013? A simple fix to a big personal problem. appeared first on Microsoft Dynamics CRM Professionals.
Business Applications communities