The views and opinions expressed in this blog are those solely of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect Microsoft’s current policy, position, or branding. For official announcements and guidance on Dynamics 365 apps and services, please visit the Microsoft Dynamics 365 Blog.
Personalized Community is here!
Quickly customize your community to find the content you seek.
Choose your path Increase your proficiency with the Dynamics 365 applications that you already use and learn more about the apps that interest you. Up your game with a learning path tailored to today's Dynamics 365 masterminds and designed to prepare you for industry-recognized Microsoft certifications.
Visit Microsoft Learn
2020 Release Wave 2Discover the latest updates and new features to Dynamics 365 planned through March 2021.
Release overview guides and videos Release Plan | Preview 2020 Release Wave 2 TimelineWatch the 2020 Release Wave 1 virtual launch event
Ace your Dynamics 365 deployment with packaged services delivered by expert consultants. | Explore service offerings
Connect with the ISV success team on the latest roadmap, developer tool for AppSource certification, and ISV community engagements | ISV self-service portal
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks
In this blog I will provide a list of the main points from a recently posted Upgrading from Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 to 2015 Autumn '14 video presented by Matthew Barbour.
Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2015 Supported Server and Client Software
• The following software is supported:
• Microsoft Windows Server 2012 and 2012 R2
• Microsoft SQL Server 2012
• Microsoft Windows 7
• Microsoft Windows 8
• Internet Explorer 10
• Internet Explorer 11
• Microsoft Exchange Server 2010
• Microsoft Exchange Server 2013
Here is the full compatibility list: http://support2.microsoft.com/kb/3005167.
Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2015 On Premise Upgrade Process
• In Place
• Migrate (preferred method)
• Upgrades to Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2015 must start from Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 plus Service Pack 1 or higher.
• When upgrading Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 organizations where the database tables where not merged when upgraded from Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011, it is now mandatory for those database tables to be merged when upgrading to Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2015.
Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online Upgrade Process
Solutions in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2015
• Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2015 solutions will integrate with CRM 2015 deployments but will not be importable into a Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 deployment
Upgrading Forms in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2015
• In application tools are provided in the Form Designer to provide guidance and functionality to support the upgrade process such as Merge Forms which allows you to merge Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 form customisations into a Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2015 form.
Finally, once again, here is the link to the video Upgrading from Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 to 2015 Autumn '14 presented by Matthew Barbour.
Business Applications communities